When searching for an internet provider in Gilbert, Arizona, you’ve come to the right place with this complete Internet Buyer’s Guide. Whether you’re a resident or business owner, you will come across helpful information that outlines all the different plans, prices, and promotions across several internet providers.
Residential Internet Providers in Gilbert, AZ
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|Cox Communications||$29.99/mo.||25-1000 Mbps||Cable||99% Cable|
|CenturyLink||$50/mo.||100-940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||98% DSL and Fiber|
|Viasat Internet||$49.99/mo.||12-100 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
|HughesNet||$59.99/mo.||25 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
The table above summarizes Gilbert internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Gilbert, AZ
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|Cox Communications||1000 Mbps||$29.99-99.99/mo.|
|Triad Wireless||300 Mbps||N/A|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||$49.99-149.99/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Gilbert residents.
What type of internet is available in Gilbert?
A broad range of internet types are available in Gilbert: DSL, Cable, Copper, Fixed Wireless, Fiber-Optic, and Satellite.
- DSL: Among the internet types available, DSL is the most affordable option and has the most coverage in Gilbert. Twisted copper telephone lines transmit data with average download speeds of 10-40 Mbps.
- Cable: Using coaxial cables from TV networks, cable internet delivers data at faster speeds than DSL. Many Gilbert residents and business owners opt for cable, next to DSL.
- Copper: Many enterprise providers in Gilbert offer copper internet. Although DSL and cable use copper wires, copper itself refers to telephone carrier lines to transfer digital data.
- Fixed Wireless: If the aforementioned internet types are unavailable in your area, an alternative is fixed wireless which provides connections via two fixed locations—usually a radio or other wireless link.
- Fiber: As the gold standard of the internet, fiber delivers data at faster speeds than DSL or cable. Made from glass strands, fiber-optic cables can achieve gigabit internet speed.
- Satellite: With 100 percent coverage in Gilbert, satellite internet requires a dish to be installed on the roof or balcony of your home in order to form a reliable connection.
Some Gilbert areas have limited coverage, so make sure to check and see if your preferred internet type is available in your area.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Gilbert?
Some of the cheapest internet plans in Gilbert come from Cox Communications, TREPIC Networks and Phoenix Internet. In total, there are 13 internet providers in Gilbert—more specifically, 8 residential providers and 5 business providers. Each provider offers various price points and download speeds for their internet plans.
Cheapest internet in Gilbert
- Cox Communications—$29.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
- TREPIC Networks—$49.95/mo. for up to 10 Mbps *
- Viasat Internet—$49.99/mo. for up to 12 Mbps *
- CenturyLink—$50/mo. for up to 100 Mbps *
- HughesNet—$59.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Gilbert?
As one of the safest cities in the U.S. with countless historical sites and public schools, Gilbert residents and business owners are looking for high speed internet coupled with affordable prices to accomodate large households or businesses. Speeds and prices vary in certain areas, so depending on your internet needs and budget, a slower but more affordable internet plan may be the better choice. However, the opposite can also be true.
Light internet users will need minimum speeds of 25 Mbps to comfortably browse the web and stream videos on one device. If you’re a heavy gamer and live in a larger household, speeds of at least 100 Mbps are ideal. For 4K resolution and gigabit speeds, you are looking for an internet plan with speeds up to 1000 Mbps.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Gilbert that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Gilbert|
How do I find the fastest internet in Gilbert?
With download speeds up to 940 Mbps, some of the fastest internet in Gilbert is currently supplied by CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit, Cox Communications, and CenturyLink. Be sure to check and see if fiber internet is available in your area.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Gilbert?
Starting at $129.99/month, some internet providers in Gilbert offer bundled deals that pair internet service with TV and phone services. Cox Communications offer various double and triple play bundles, all at differing prices and speeds. To ensure that you’re getting the most out of your internet experience—and you’d like to upgrade even further with additional TV and/or phone services—check in with the provider to review your options.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Gilbert
|Internet Providers in Gilbert||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|Cox Communications||Internet + Phone + TV||$129.99-209.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Gilbert?
Before committing to an internet plan, consider the following key points and ask yourself what works best for you and your household or business:
- Price: How much you’re willing to pay per month for internet service plays a crucial role in your digital pursuits, no matter if you’re raising a large family or working in manufacturing.
- Speed: Depending on your household or company size and how often each person uses the internet, take note of how much speed is required to accommodate everyone’s personal or professional needs.
- Data Caps: Avid internet users may want unlimited or high data caps while casual users are comfortable with limited data. Similar to how you would consider speed requirements, take into account the size of your household or company.
- Contracts: Most internet providers in Gilbert require a 1-year agreement with their contracts. However, a few providers like CenturyLink offer contract-free plans.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Gilbert?
If you’ve decided to move to Gilbert, you’ll want to keep a few pointers in mind when transferring or switching your internet provider. Whether you’re moving into a new house with your family or breaking into the aerospace and aviation industry, internet needs and requirements fluctuate on a situation by situation basis.
If you’re absolutely content with your current internet provider, give them a call to see if they service your new residence in Gilbert. If your internet plan is not transferable, then be wary of early termination fees.
You don’t want to deal with early termination fees during your move, which is why it’s important to read the fine print of your contract before signing it. Early termination fees in Gilbert range from $0-400. Conduct careful research when you shop for internet plans unless you want to pay the fees in full or the remainder of your contract month-to-month.
Contract lengths in Gilbert range between 0-1 year. If you do not want to be bound by a contract, CenturyLink is one of the few providers that offers contract-free plans for new customers. Ideally, you want to determine whether or not you’ll be a short or long-term resident in the city. Doing so will help you avoid breaching your contract and facing a setback during your transition to your new residency.
Installation Fees in Gilbert
For some internet plans, professional installation is required, in which case there will be installation fees. However, other providers offer self-installation, which costs significantly less. In Gilbert, professional fees can range from $0 to . Make sure to inquire about waiving installation fees if you’re a new customer or if you’ve signed up with a bundle that comes with installation.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Gilbert?
Data cap requirements depend on how often your household uses the internet and whether they’re streaming, gaming, or browsing the web. For businesses, the amount of data required for smooth operations determines whether you should opt for unlimited data. Internet providers in Gilbert who offer plans with no data caps are Viasat Internet and Phoenix Internet. For a large amount of data, providers like Cox Communications and CenturyLink offer plans with a 1 TB data cap, which is an enormous amount of data.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Gilbert?
Areas in Gilbert that have 2-3 internet providers for customers to choose from are the District Lofts on West Cullumber Avenue, Olive East Apartments, and the Trend Homes Office Site. Due to high coverage availability, DSL and cable are some of the most preferred internet types in Gilbert.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Gilbert, Arizona
With the city’s dynamic bio technology and aerospace industries along with countless housing communities, it’s no surprise that Gilbert is the 11th most connected city in Arizona— surpassing ahead of Mesa and Queen Creek. With a download speed average of 212.5 Mbps, Phoenix Internet, Triad Wireless and Cox Communications offer the greatest coverage availability in Gilbert. Despite 2-3 providers available in various pockets of the city, people still have access to only one provider or zero broadband connections.