Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Sacramento, California
Internet Access in Sacramento, California
The average download speed in Sacramento is 101.65 Mbps. This is 194.6% faster than the average in California and 8.1% faster than the national average.
- There are 32 internet providers in Sacramento with 21 of those offering residential service
- Sacramento is the 238th most connected city in California ahead of Mather, Carmichael, North Highlands, and Rio Linda, but behind West Sacramento.
- 95.9% of Californians have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- There are 27 companies offering business internet services in Sacramento.
- California is the 14th most connected state in the U.S.
- Approximately 9,000 people in Sacramento County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The average internet download speed in California is 34.5 mbps.
- Approximately 98% of Sacramento residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- The fastest zip code in Sacramento for April 2021 is 95818. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.2% of consumers in Sacramento16,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Sacramento, California
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|EarthLink Fiber||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Wave Broadband||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|AT&T Fiber||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Consolidated Smart Broadband Systems||300 Mbps||Cable||27s|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||IPBB||1m 21s|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|EarthLink||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s|
|Consolidated Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Sonic||80 Mbps||DSL||1m 42s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Frontier Communications||115 Mbps||DSL||1m 11s|
|AT&T||25 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||5m 27s|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||20 Mbps||DSL||6m 49s|
|Softcom Internet Communications||6 Mbps||DSL||22m 45s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Sacramento, California
- AT&T Internet - - 100.0% Availability in Sacramento - 100
- EarthLink - - 100.0% Availability in Sacramento - 100
- Xfinity - - 100.0% Availability in Sacramento - 1,200
- Consolidated - - 3.1% Availability in Sacramento - 20
- AT&T Fiber - - 97.7% Availability in Sacramento - 940
- EarthLink - - 97.2% Availability in Sacramento - 1,000
- Frontier - - 96.8% Availability in Sacramento - 115
- Consolidated - - 95.5% Availability in Sacramento - 1,000
- Softcom Internet Communications - - 47.4% Availability in Sacramento - 6
- Sonic - - 27.8% Availability in Sacramento - 80
- AT&T - - 13.8% Availability in Sacramento - 25
- Wave - - 7.7% Availability in Sacramento - 1,000
- Consolidated Smart Broadband Systems - - 1.8% Availability in Sacramento - 300
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Sacramento - 100
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Sacramento - 25
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Sacramento
|AT&T Internet||IPBB||100%||100 Mbps|
|Softcom Internet Communications||Fixed Wireless||87.7%+||50 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||100%||1,200 Mbps|
|Internet Free Planet||Fixed Wireless||100%||10 Mbps|
|Succeed.Net||Fixed Wireless||99.0%+||100 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||DSL||3.1%+||20 Mbps|
|AT&T Fiber||Fiber||97.7%+||940 Mbps|
|EarthLink Fiber||Fiber||97.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL||96.8%+||115 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications||Fiber||95.5%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Softcom Internet Communications||DSL||47.4%+||6 Mbps|
|AFES Network Services||Fixed Wireless||43.2%+||20 Mbps|
|Zeta Broadband||Fixed Wireless||40.0%+||25 Mbps|
|California Broadband Services||Fixed Wireless||19.9%+||40 Mbps|
|AT&T||Fixed Wireless||13.8%+||25 Mbps|
|Wave Broadband||Cable||7.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Consolidated Smart Broadband Systems||Cable||1.8%+||300 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|Succeed.Net||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||Fiber||97.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Softcom Internet Communications||Fixed Wireless||64.7%+||50 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||100%||115 Mbps|
|Internet Free Planet||Fixed Wireless||100%||10 Mbps|
|California Broadband Services||Fixed Wireless||88.6%+||40 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||13.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fixed Wireless||38.1%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Sonic Business||DSL||18.4%+||80 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fiber||3.0%+||950 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||28.4%+||8 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||26.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Sonic Business||Copper||18.4%+||12 Mbps|
|Wave Business||Cable||16.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|AFES Network Services||Fixed Wireless||13.6%+||20 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||4.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Utility Telecom||Fiber||3.9%+||100 Mbps|
|BullsEye Telecom||Copper||2.6%+||1.5 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Sacramento
Been pretty reliable.
Good company, slow speeds.
Now I am just a renter and this internet is provided by the landlord, the landlord also has his own custom router installed so this could be attributed to the problem with the slow speeds. I have dealt with 3 blackouts in the last year that would range from 2 days (which was at the start of COVID) to about 30 minutes. Their Customer Service is fantastic, well-informed people who are kind and patient. I do not know my speeds because of my landlord but I have about a 10ms ping slower than my mates to the same servers when we live a block away from each other. I get a usable 2-16mbps down depending on the time of day, and a consistent 20mbps up. Great for upstreaming video when I am hosting video tutoring sessions and uploading recordings online, not so great if I need to download files.