Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Shelton, Connecticut
Internet Access in Shelton, Connecticut
The average download speed in Shelton is 145.77 Mbps. This is 9.7% faster than the average in Connecticut and 35.9% faster than the national average.
- There are 14 internet providers in Shelton with 5 of those offering residential service
- Shelton is the 41st most connected city in Connecticut ahead of Milford, Trumbull, Ansonia, Monroe, and Derby.
- Connecticut is the 1st most connected state in the U.S.
- In Fairfield County, approximately 8,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 18% of Fairfield County residents.
- There are 11 companies offering business internet services in Shelton.
- There are 77 internet providers in all of Connecticut.
- Almost 99% of consumers in Connecticut have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- The fastest zip code in Shelton for April 2021 is 06484. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.1% of consumers in Shelton800 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Shelton, Connecticut
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Frontier Communications||115 Mbps||DSL||1m 11s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Shelton, Connecticut
- Xfinity - - 99.6% Availability in Shelton - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Frontier - - 98.1% Availability in Shelton - Speeds up to 115 Mbps
- Spectrum - - 4.5% Availability in Shelton - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Shelton - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Shelton - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Ansonia, CT
- Beacon Falls, CT
- Bethany, CT
- Bridgeport, CT
- Derby, CT
- East Haven, CT
- Easton, CT
- Fairfield, CT
- Hamden, CT
- Milford, CT
- Monroe, CT
- New Haven, CT
- Newtown, CT
- Orange, CT
- Oxford, CT
- Rogers, CT
- Sandy Hook, CT
- Seymour, CT
- Southbury, CT
- Southport, CT
- Stratford, CT
- Trumbull, CT
- West Haven, CT
- Woodbridge, CT
Summary Of Internet Providers In Shelton
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||99.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL||98.1%+||115 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||50 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||99.7%+||115 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||59.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||7.3%+||200 Mbps|
|Altice Business||Fiber||6.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||6.1%+||940 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Copper||5.9%+||45 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Shelton
Usually, I expect cable/internet companies to harbor scummy business practices. However, I am delightfully surprised with my experience using Cox. I have been a customer for almost 2 years now. For the first year, they offered me a free security system because I suppose it was some sort of trial for their new security products. I accepted, and very much enjoyed their security system - one camera, a door sensor that told me when it opened/closed, and a switch controlled through the app that turned my main light on/off. It was great for me to check up on my cat/home when I was away. So when that trial ended, I was charged for the home security. After I realized this, I turned off the security service. Then on my last bill, they credited me the money for the months of charged security service! This was unprecedented as I hadn't even called them about the issue. I am impressed with this (what should be basic) business integrity. Cox has a loyal customer in me. :)