Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Stamford, Connecticut
Internet Access in Stamford, Connecticut
The average download speed in Stamford is 166.25 Mbps. This is 2.9% faster than the average in Connecticut and 38.1% faster than the national average.
- There are 19 internet providers in Stamford with 4 of those offering residential service
- Stamford is the 9th most connected city in Connecticut ahead of Darien, New Canaan, Old Greenwich, and Riverside, but behind Cos Cob.
- 98.9% of Connecticuters have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- There are 77 internet providers in all of Connecticut.
- There are 16 companies offering business internet services in Stamford.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 19% of Fairfield County residents.
- Connecticut is the 1st most connected state in the U.S.
- Almost 100% of consumers in Connecticut have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- Explore internet access for communities within Stamford: Ridgeway
- The fastest zip code in Stamford for July 2021 is 06901. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
4.0% of consumers in Stamford4,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Stamford, Connecticut
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Optimum by Altice||940 Mbps||Cable||8s||100.0%|
|Frontier Communications||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s||95.7%|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Stamford
Optimum...more than OK
We had another provider, but weren't pleased with their customer service or billing errors. We were paying hundreds of $$ per month (cell phones included) but the bills kept going up and we were always finding charges for items that we had not requested or used. Techs were great, but we were having issues with our cell phones, our television and internet...slow or no service, dropped calls, tv blackouts.. When an Optimum fellow came around, I asked him to show me the speed on his cell (impressive for data) and asked for an overview of the company's offer to make us switch... for everything but cell phone coverage. He was helpful, knowledgeable, and answered all my questions, plus gave us a great intro price for landline (which I rarely use), television, internet...all at terrific speeds and easy interface.That was 5 years ago...Sure, prices have increased , and we have had to have our router replaced twice, but at no charge. The techs are superb, they know their job and are always a delight to work with. EVERY single person I have talked with in customer service seems to genuinely want to help, prompt, efficient and problems are cleared up quickly, always with a good outcome. However, some of their policies are absurd....I didn't receive a bill one month and called to find out the address to send the check to. I was told that I had to provide answers to my husband's security questions before they could give me that information. She would not answer any questions regarding our account, even to provide Optimum's own address so that I could pay the bill. Another provider sends us incredible offers, but Optimum's television service is great, and internet good, but not perfect (and we are paying for the best speed available). The landline is something we don't really need, so there may be some changes to our service... All in all I would recommend Optimum and would love to have them for our shore house in Bayville, NJ, but apparently they are not providing wireless service there.