Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Washington, District of Columbia
Internet Access in Washington, District of Columbia
The average download speed in Washington is 134.44 Mbps. This is 0.0% faster than the average in District of Columbia and 30.5% faster than the national average.
- There are 38 internet providers in Washington with 11 of those offering residential service
- Washington is the 1st most connected city in District of Columbia ahead of Takoma Park, Arlington, Hyattsville, Brentwood, and Mount Rainier.
- There are 34 companies offering business internet services in Washington.
- In District of Columbia County, approximately 6,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- District of Columbia is the 0 most connected state in the U.S.
- 45% of residents in District of Columbia County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- 99.0% of Washingtonians have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- There are 80 internet providers in all of District of Columbia.
- Explore internet access for communities within Washington: Chevy Chase
- The fastest zip code in Washington for April 2021 is 20020. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.0% of consumers in Washington5,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Washington, District of Columbia
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Starry Internet||200 Mbps||Fiber||40s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|BullsEye Telecom||100 Mbps||Fiber||1m 21s|
|Rise Broadband||50 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Washington, District of Columbia
- Xfinity - - 100.0% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Rise Broadband - - 100.0% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- RCN - - 100.0% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- BullsEye Telecom - - 2.3% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Starry Internet - - 2.0% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 200 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Washington - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Summary Of Internet Providers In Washington
|Starry Internet||Fiber||2.0%+||200 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|Starry Internet||Fixed Wireless||100%||200 Mbps|
|DC Access||Fixed Wireless||83.5%+||75 Mbps|
|BullsEye Telecom||Fiber||2.3%+||100 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fiber||100%||950 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|Vector Data Systems||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Allied Telecom Group||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|RCN Business||Copper||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||100%||8 Mbps|
|Fusion Connect||Fiber||28.7%+||100 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||28.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Atlantech Online||Fiber||15.5%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Global Cloud Xchange||Copper||10.3%+||800 Mbps|
|M2 nGage||Fiber||4.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Orange Business Services||Fiber||3.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Atlantic Metro||Fiber||3.3%+||-- Mbps|
|Telefonica USA||Copper||1.6%+||0.768 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Washington
Took Care Of Business
A few months back, I had Xfinity over to fix a broken cable line under my house in a dark crawl space. Karl, the technician, had a great attitude. He made sure he took care of business. I could tell he really cared to make sure he got the difficult job done. I really appreciate cable technician Karl. The world needs more people like him. I'm completely satisfied with his professional service.
Best Decision I Ever Made
The ESVBA is the best internet provider in the Eastern Shore. I paid a little over $1,000 for my install because I wanted it underground. But that was the best $1,000 I ever spent. I could have opted for ariel and my install would have been $150. I have never had an outage with them and I could not be happier.
Irving Dillon Stopped by today (1 Feb 20) on time. He was very patient with the older person he was assisting. Super guy. You should spot reward him and let him know that his professional and understanding demeanor put Cox in a great light.
Full Of It!
This has to be one of the worst experiences I have ever had these people have taken double payments out of my account and have been giving me the run around. I have asked for assistance for 4 days without no result and no one seems to care. This has caused me real stress because I have other bills to pay. I wish I would have read the reviews before I went with this company. There pricing is extremely high and has to be some of the worst customer service ever.If you are reading this and considering this company please DON’T. I’m going back AT&T I hate Xfinity/Comcast the suck and don’t even give a damn!
Good provider, excellent service
Was a customer for 1 1/2 years. Service and support were always excellent. When I wanted to change my speed to save money the service person was able to work out a plan where I kept my current speed yet got a discount on the monthly rate. I’m sorry they don’t service the area I moved to as I really was satisfied with the service and support of RCN.
No problems, whether international, online, phone, or in person always received professional assistance. Reliable service and hotspot.
Up and Down
When it works, it's great, when it's not it is terrible. Majority of the time it is decent. But when it is not, and that's more often than reasonable, it is terrible, frustrating and pretty much shuts me down, so frustrating that I just turn my computer off. Not consistently dependable. I am looking for another provider.
1.0 mps is really 350-450 during the day. Disappointing. But is only $15/month.