Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Ocala, Florida
Internet Access in Ocala, Florida
The average download speed in Ocala is 81.18 Mbps. This is 30.7% slower than the average in Florida and 10.8% slower than the national average.
- There are 20 internet providers in Ocala with 12 of those offering residential service
- Ocala is the 54th most connected city in Florida ahead of Silver Springs, Summerfield, Belleview, Anthony, and Reddick.
- Residential fiber service is available to 37% of people living in Ocala.
- Almost 97% of consumers in Florida have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 31% of Marion County residents.
- There are 227 internet providers in all of Florida.
- In Marion County, approximately 25,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Approximately 6,000 people in Marion County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The fastest zip code in Ocala for February 2021 is 34470. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
9.2% of consumers in Ocala19,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Ocala, Florida
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Cox Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|CenturyLink||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Ocala Telecom||100 Mbps||Fiber||1m 21s|
|FiberVision Florida||150 Mbps||Cable||54s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|DECCA Cable||20 Mbps||Cable||6m 49s|
|AT&T||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless and DSL||1m 21s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Ocala, Florida
- CenturyLink - 99.5% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Cox - 99.6% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - 97.1% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Xfinity - 96.8% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- Ocala Telecom - 68.5% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- FiberVision Florida - 59.9% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 150 Mbps
- AT&T - 15.8% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- DECCA Cable - 20.6% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 20 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Ocala - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Ocala
|CenturyLink||DSL and Fiber||99.5%+||940 Mbps|
|Cox Communications||Cable||99.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||96.8%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Ocala Telecom||Fiber||68.5%+||100 Mbps|
|FiberVision Florida||Cable||59.9%+||150 Mbps|
|AT&T||Fixed Wireless and DSL||15.8%+||100 Mbps|
|DECCA Cable||Cable||20.6%+||20 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|Ocala Telecom||Fiber||84.8%+||100 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||63.3%+||987 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||97.1%+||940 Mbps|
|Cox Business||Cable and Fiber||65.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|AT&T||Fixed Wireless||52.9%+||25 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||30.6%+||100 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||7.8%+||-- Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Ocala
I called with a problem, they had a service tech here the next morning. Tim was amazing, showed up on time, texted me to say he was on his way, texted me to say he was here. Fixed everything perfectly and cleaned up. Just a wonderful experience!! Seems that Centurylink is really trying to turn their past bad service around! I'm very happy and certainly will pass on the good word!!!
Amazing Customer service
This is how great Cox customer service can be when you let them help you. I made the mistake of letting someone trick me into letting them in my network. Before i knew what was happening they were in everything, they even wiped out my virus program. When i called Cox for help i was connected to Catherine in the Ohio call center, I explained to her what had happened & how worried i was about everything. Right from the start Catherine said it's going to be OK & i can help you take care of this. Then she said asked me to to take a deep breath & try to relax & i'll get started. Catherine was the most caring, understanding & thoughtful person you got hope for & just as smart. She started with the network & cleared every program they had installed. Then she asked me a few questions about my laptop at which time you asked me for permission to access it in order to make sure that no program was left behind which could still allow them access. I said yes & Catherine started going through the files & removed a few more programs they had installed. When she finished she then explained how with my Cox account came a McAfee Virus program which was what i had in my laptop. She then reinstalled McAfee & helped me set up new pass words for everything. When Catherine was done i felt relief for the first time in twelve hours & when she was finished & i thanked her for everything, she said you don't need to thank me it's me job. I said yes it may be your job but you just don't know i great full i am. So to show just how great full i am wanted Cox to know just how much i appreciate everything Catherine did to save me from what could have been my worst night mare. Catherine is the perfect example of outstanding customer service.