Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Chicago, Illinois
Internet Access in Chicago, Illinois
The average download speed in Chicago is 116.2 Mbps. This is 8.6% slower than the average in Illinois and 19.6% faster than the national average.
- There are 44 internet providers in Chicago with 8 of those offering residential service
- Chicago is the 5th most connected city in Illinois ahead of Oak Park, Berwyn, Cicero, Riverside, and Forest Park.
- Illinois is the 20th most connected state in the U.S.
- There are 352 internet providers in all of Illinois.
- In Cook County, approximately 24,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- The average internet download speed in Illinois is 127.15 mbps.
- Almost 95% of consumers in Illinois have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- Approximately 23,000 people in Cook County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Explore internet access for communities within Chicago: Jefferson Park, Calumet Park, Norridge, Merrionette Park, Burnham, and Bedford Park
- The fastest zip code in Chicago for April 2021 is 60624. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
0.8% of consumers in Chicago21,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Chicago, Illinois
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|EarthLink Fiber||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|AT&T Fiber||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||IPBB||1m 21s|
|EarthLink||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Chicago, Illinois
- AT&T Internet - IPBB - 99.0% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- EarthLink - DSL - 98.2% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Xfinity - Cable - 99.2% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- AT&T Fiber - Fiber - 8.8% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- EarthLink - Fiber - 8.8% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - Satellite - 100.0% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- HughesNet - Satellite - 100.0% Availability in Chicago - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Chicago
|AT&T Internet||IPBB||99.0%+||100 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||99.2%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Everywhere Wireless||Fixed Wireless||80.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|AT&T Fiber||Fiber||8.8%+||940 Mbps|
|EarthLink Fiber||Fiber||8.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||50 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||94.8%+||987 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||45.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||5.3%+||8 Mbps|
|First Communications||Copper||1.0%+||1.5 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Chicago
My internet had been down since yesterday morning. We called today and were fortunate to get a technician. He arrived with an unwavering determination to resolve my issue. His manipulation with the tools of the trade gave me assurance that I would have Netflix and be chilling real soon! He moved from one room to next, from the basement to outside, from atop a strong ladder to the back of the reliable van, one step after another until finally done! My family and I thank you, may your jobs never be too many or your reward too few!
Better than others
We live in a rural area and have had crappy DSL (around 400kbps download) and paid over $50 a month for it. When I found out about T-Mobile I thought I would give it a shot. At first, since it is LTE internet, I thought It would not be that good because my phone internet is pretty bad and very flaky out here, but I was told by the representative that I could try it and if I didn't like it, I could send it back, no strings attached. I have to say it was better than I thought. I get speeds ranging between 16Mbps to 30Mbps and the speed is not choppy so video and games play smoothly and don't drop the connection as they do on phone tethering. It's not cable or fiber speeds but it sure beats 3.0 DSL and the price is the same with no extra fees or taxes (50$ a month).
Our Service Tech Brian Is Simply Great!!
I would like to write my very positive remarks about our local service technician (Brian Lloyd) who services our Sherrard, Illinois area (61281). His service over the years has been exceptional, not only with putting our internet service back on track but also about his conduct on the phone. Very courteous and professional with also a sense of humor (good mix). We hope that his manager(s) and colleagues see this review as a testament to his performance. Thanks Brian! Christopher B.
Great Internet speeds
We got our internet last June. Our technician was outstanding and very pleasant and informative. We have not had any need to call for service since the day it was connected (hope I didn’t just jinx myself). We do have Netflix and Amazon and it works great!
The network and company give you good service, never had an issue.
Slow to no Internet. I called several times to complain about slow internet, only to get a quote for a higher price rate. Finally cancelled the service but I was charged a $300 cancellation fee. Currently being harassed on a daily basis by phone & emails. Horrible service.
Top notch service
These guys take great care of their customers!
Internet never works
Hooked up on Nov 8th and in less then a month, I have had 5 techs to my home to fix internet problem of losing signal. Goes offline all the time, sometimes for a whole day. 5 different times they have tried things but it's still not working. It works for others, why can't they do it for me? Would not use if I didn't have to and would not recommend to anyone.
Fails 100% at providing signal
I can watch tv in 3 minute intervals and then it buffers for 20 minutes. There is never a good time for signal. But they want 500.00 to cancel.
Worst Service and even worse customer service!
We have been a Comcast Xfinty customer for over 20 years. When they forced us (and charged more!) to the digital platform we have had nothing but trouble!!! Yes, we have the original 20 year old cable line in the ground so every time it rains or is moist we have issues. I have called and said this line is shorting out with the moisture over a year ago and still no response. I have had to reset the internet modem over 6 times this week. Stay away from Xfinity, they could careless about you as a customer and your service!!!!