How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25 Mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Boston, Massachusetts
Only showing providers serving 02114
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 02114:
Showing 1 to 11 Providers
Internet Access in Boston, Massachusetts
The average download speed in Boston is 215.46 Mbps. This is 15.6% faster than the average in Massachusetts and 50.2% faster than the national average.
- There are 37 internet providers in Boston with 11 of those offering residential service
- Boston is the 9th most connected city in Massachusetts ahead of Roxbury Crossing, Dorchester Center, Roxbury, Dorchester, and Charlestown.
- 97.8% of Massachusettsans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- The average internet download speed in Massachusetts is 186.37 mbps.
- Massachusetts is the 5th most connected state in the U.S.
- In Suffolk County, approximately 13,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 42% of Suffolk County residents.
- There are 32 companies offering business internet services in Boston.
- Explore internet access for communities within Boston: Roxbury
Internet Statistics 2022
3.9% of consumers in Boston8,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Boston, Massachusetts
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Starry Internet||200 Mbps||Fiber||40s||12.3%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|T-Mobile Home Internet||115 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||1m 11s||71.9%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|Ultra Home Internet||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||1m 21s||71.9%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Provider Competition Map For Boston
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Boston
Terrible customer service
Xfinity has terrible customer service. They make it extremely hard to speak to a live agent on the phone when you have questions and concerns that are not directly addressed by the automated messages when you call their customer service line. They do not treat returning customers well and I think I spend way too much money a month on their internet and cable services to not be able to speak to a customer service agent when there is an issue with something on my bill. Truly disappointed by Xfinity and how they treat loyal customers. Also the service has gotten significantly worse over the years.
Solid but unexciting Internet service
We've used Verizon for Internet service for over five years. Positives: Very reliable - almost no down times. Customer service, on the few occasions where I've needed it, has been quick and helpful. Reasonable cost. Negatives: I just ran a speed test. Download -- 4.83 Mbps Upload -- .71 Mbps. That's pretty meh in a major metro area.