Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internet Access in Minneapolis, Minnesota
The average download speed in Minneapolis is 106.01 Mbps. This is 1.9% faster than the average in Minnesota and 11.9% faster than the national average.
- There are 35 internet providers in Minneapolis with 17 of those offering residential service
- Minneapolis is the 4th most connected city in Minnesota ahead of Hopkins, South Saint Paul, Saint Paul, Osseo, and Minnetonka.
- 89.7% of Minnesotans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- In Hennepin County, approximately 6,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Approximately 2,000 people in Hennepin County don't have access to any wired internet.
- There are 32 companies offering business internet services in Minneapolis.
- The average internet download speed in Minnesota is 104.06 mbps.
- 100% of residents in Hennepin County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- Explore internet access for communities within Minneapolis: New Hope, Edina, Crystal, Brooklyn Park, Columbia Heights, Coon Rapids, Plymouth, Richfield, Bloomington, Spring Lake Park, Medicine Lake, Fridley, Blaine, Brooklyn Center, Hilltop, Robbinsdale, and Golden Valley
- The fastest zip code in Minneapolis for April 2021 is 55439. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.2% of consumers in Minneapolis11,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Minneapolis, Minnesota
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|US Internet||10,000 Mbps||Fiber||0s|
|Mediacom Cable||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Windstream||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s|
|AccessMedia3||100 Mbps||Cable||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||20 Mbps||DSL||6m 49s|
|Metronet||5 Mbps||DSL||27m 18s|
|Velocity Telephone||940 Mbps||DSL||8s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- CenturyLink - - 100.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 140 Mbps
- Xfinity - - 100.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- Arvig - - 100.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- US Internet - - 100.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 10,000 Mbps
- CenturyLink - - 97.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Velocity Telephone - - 29.4% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Windstream - - 14.2% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- AccessMedia3 - - 7.6% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Consolidated - - 5.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 20 Mbps
- Mediacom - - 4.3% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Metronet - - 1.8% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 5 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Minneapolis - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Arden Hills, MN
- Bloomington, MN
- Burnsville, MN
- Columbia Heights, MN
- Crystal, MN
- Eagan, MN
- Edina, MN
- Falcon Heights, MN
- Fridley, MN
- Golden Valley, MN
- Hopkins, MN
- Lauderdale, MN
- Medicine Lake, MN
- Mendota Heights, MN
- Mounds View, MN
- New Brighton, MN
- New Hope, MN
- Richfield, MN
- Robbinsdale, MN
- Roseville, MN
- Saint Paul, MN
Summary Of Internet Providers In Minneapolis
|US Internet||Fiber||100%||10,000 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||100%||1,200 Mbps|
|Nextera Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|USI Wireless||Fixed Wireless||100%||6 Mbps|
|US Internet||Fixed Wireless||57.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Velocity Telephone||DSL||29.4%+||940 Mbps|
|LTD Broadband||Fixed Wireless||5.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||DSL||5.0%+||20 Mbps|
|Mediacom Cable||Cable||4.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL||100%||140 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||97.8%+||940 Mbps|
|US Internet||Fiber||100%||10,000 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||Fiber||21.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||77.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||77.1%+||6 Mbps|
|US Signal Company||Fiber||62.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|POPP Communications||Copper||39.2%+||40 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||27.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|TDS Business||Cable||21.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Wisconsin Independent Network||Fiber||8.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Mediacom Business||Cable||5.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Nextera Communications||Fiber||4.5%+||100 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Copper||4.1%+||100 Mbps|
|Fusion Connect||Copper||3.9%+||100 Mbps|
|Velocity Telephone||DSL||3.4%+||940 Mbps|
|Evolve IP||Fiber||1.4%+||100 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Fiber||1.4%+||50 Mbps|
|SDN Communications||Fiber||1.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Minneapolis
5 Star customer service agent
My Cox bill had many additional incorrect charges. My customer service rep. Vykeria was awesome. Thanks.
Very happy with my NMSurf service
I am very happy to have found a local provider that is much better than my previous one. I am very happy with the reliability of my NMSurf Internet. Thanks!
Excellent Customer Support Service
My DSL light on my modem went out on 3/16/20. I called CenturyLink Customer Support Service Department for help on 3/17/20. She troubleshoots my computer on her end and as well as on my end. The process took an hour to resolve. Throughout the entire process, she remained calm, respectful, and professional. Customer support was extremely talented, gentle, and humble human being. My computer is working great now! Thank you so much for your excellent help. I enjoyed your service. I hope that I will always run into you whenever I call. Keep up the good work.
Works great for Bintrac use for monitoring feed bins.
My experience with LTD has been good
My experience with LTD has been good. The internet service could be a little faster but it seems to serve me just fine for what I need it for.
Speed needs addrressing
Having trouble streaming things, may need to do a speed check. At Cody's and Jim's sites
Best ISP i have found.
living in the middle of nowhere leaves me with limited options for internet service. i have been through many different providers that have offered slow speeds and poor reliability. LTD has topped them all, speed has been great, but not exactly consistent. there have been times of slow service but they are outweighed in large by fairly cocnsiyen high speeds. there are times of internet outages , during and after weather events, which are expected. overall it's been a really good provider for me.
Great internet service
We have had minimal issues with LTD Broadband. The only issue that I have noticed is when there's a bad weather and there is nothing we can do about that. The internet service I had prior to this was awful so we have been very happy with LTD!
First, as a real estate professional, I will say that I refer LTD to my clients that are within the service area because they go above and beyond most providers out there. I can personally say that I've tried multiple providers and not only does LTD beat the competition with their prices, the speed and quality of service is also phenomenal - even in the country and during inclement weather. While (just like any company will have) we have had some weather-related outages and failed equipment, every single issue was resolved very quickly. Their customer care team is very responsive, intelligent, and extremely friendly. LTD broadband is highly recommended.
Happy with our choice
We came off a bad experience with our former provider so we asked a few neighbors what they used for internet. The people using LTD were happy with it so we gave it a try. Customer service was great, set up was fast and we've been happy with it. We expect some weather-related interruptions: very few and nothing that we couldn't handle.