How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25 Mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Only showing providers serving 87114
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 87114:
Showing 1 to 11 Providers
Internet Access in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The average download speed in Albuquerque is 97.46 Mbps. This is 2.8% faster than the average in New Mexico and 5.5% slower than the national average.
- There are 26 internet providers in Albuquerque with 11 of those offering residential service
- Albuquerque is the 1st most connected city in New Mexico ahead of Cedar Crest, Rio Rancho, Corrales, Tijeras, and Bernalillo.
- Almost 88% of consumers in New Mexico have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- New Mexico is the 42nd most connected state in the U.S.
- In Bernalillo County, approximately 15,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Approximately 11,000 people in Bernalillo County don't have access to any wired internet.
- 80.5% of New Mexicans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- The average internet download speed in New Mexico is 94.82 mbps.
- Explore internet access for communities within Albuquerque: Los Ranchos de Albuquerque
- The fastest zip code in Albuquerque for July 2021 is 87120. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.6% of consumers in Albuquerque16,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Albuquerque, New Mexico
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||98.4%|
|CenturyLink||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||98.4%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Albuquerque
Amazing support and great speeds!
Small company, great support, very knowledgeable staff. I'm very happy.
Not as bad as you may think
If you're looking for reliable internet for an affordable price, CenturyLink is the place to be. $45/mo for 80 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up. Thought about going with other Fiber services, but they wanted 60 days for construction to run fiber from my alley into my home, no thank you! Ordered CenturyLink service, and the next day there was a tech in my home doing the install, and by noon I had reliable internet that has never skipped a beat. Cannot recommend CenturyLink enough, especially if you don't want to pay the ridiculous price for coax.
It's alright for now
Poor customer service but the internet is good for what I use it for at the moment. In a few months, I'll be needing broadband/fiber optic internet hoping it will be an option for me soon.
Everyday service stops
Very frustrated with paying >$100 and daily service issues. When it works, it works well, but the modem has to be reset at least once a day. We have already exchanged the modem. I wish there was more competition in our area.