How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Jamestown, New York
Only showing providers serving 14701
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 14701:
Showing 1 to 8 Providers
Internet Access in Jamestown, New York
The average download speed in Jamestown is 43.04 Mbps. This is 82.5% slower than the average in New York and 138.9% slower than the national average.
- There are 10 internet providers in Jamestown with 8 of those offering residential service
- Jamestown is the 555th most connected city in New York ahead of Falconer, Kennedy, Sugar Grove, and Frewsburg, but behind Lakewood.
- Approximately 700 people in Chautauqua County don't have access to any wired internet.
- 51% of residents in Chautauqua County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- Residential fiber service is available to 65% of people living in Jamestown.
- Approximately 98% of Jamestown residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- The average internet download speed in New York is 245.61 mbps.
- 98.3% of New Yorkers have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- The fastest zip code in Jamestown for July 2021 is 14701. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.0% of consumers in Jamestown800 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Jamestown, New York
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Windstream||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||99.5%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||50 Mbps||DSL||2m 43s||5.7%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|DFT Communications||50 Mbps||DSL||2m 43s||74.6%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Jamestown
Their real human beings are terrific
We have been with Windstream for almost 20 years. No complaints about their phone service. The techs that get sent to our house when we call for service are excellent problem solvers, courteous, genial and seem very knowledgeable. The offshore phone support people work very hard to answer your questions but they are not given the tools they need to communicate effectively with the customer or the tech service at your house. They have been advertising and claiming on our bill to be providing us with 12 Mbps when we are actually getting less than 3. We split the bandwidth with several other customers and heaven help you if you need to get online on a holiday, Friday night or any other time when all our neighbors also want to be on. My bill is over $100 a month (it was skyrocketed $12 in the last 12 months. Except for their real human beings, I would have given them 1 star across the board. They do seem to be able to attract and keep excellent people, which does say something for them. Tech worked with us for most of the day this past Saturday, trying to get us the speeds they claim. He tested us out at nearly 10. While we enjoyed having him here, it would have been nice if the speed was sufficient for me to complete my school projects today.