Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Rochester, New York
Internet Access in Rochester, New York
The average download speed in Rochester is 84.45 Mbps. This is 45.8% slower than the average in New York and 6.5% slower than the national average.
- There are 20 internet providers in Rochester with 8 of those offering residential service
- Rochester is the 116th most connected city in New York ahead of Fairport, Henrietta, Penfield, and Pittsford, but behind East Rochester.
- Residential fiber service is available to 23% of people living in Rochester.
- There are 221 internet providers in all of New York.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 19% of Monroe County residents.
- 9% of Rochester residents are still severely limited in wired broadband choices.
- Almost 99% of consumers in New York have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- Approximately 91% of Rochester residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Explore internet access for communities within Rochester: Irondequoit, Gates, Brighton, and Greece
- The fastest zip code in Rochester for February 2021 is 14609. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
9.1% of consumers in Rochester43,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Rochester, New York
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Greenlight Networks||2,000 Mbps||Fiber||4s|
|Empire Access||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Mohawk Networks||100 Mbps||Fiber||1m 21s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Frontier Communications||115 Mbps||DSL||1m 11s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Rochester, New York
- Spectrum - 100.0% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Frontier - 99.0% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 115 Mbps
- Greenlight Networks - 88.8% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
- Mohawk Networks - 47.8% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Empire Access - 2.4% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Rochester - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Rochester
|NYSYS airAccess||Fixed Wireless||100%||6 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL||99.0%+||115 Mbps|
|Greenlight Networks||Fiber||88.8%+||2,000 Mbps|
|Mohawk Networks||Fiber||47.8%+||100 Mbps|
|Empire Access||Fiber||2.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||50 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||94.9%+||115 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||36.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Greenlight Networks||Fiber||69.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Mohawk Networks||Fiber||33.0%+||100 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fiber and Copper||12.3%+||950 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||4.6%+||-- Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fiber||1.5%+||50 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Rochester
I spend $200 a month with this service but I have yet to watch a 30 min episode on Netflix without a loading bar. I’m switching to PMT -- I’ll pay for the same service I get with Sparklight but pay 3x less.
Daniel is a G.O.A.T.
Daniel was quick and efficient in switching out my channels over the phone. Very professional and deserves a raise and or promotion. 10/10 would recommend Daniel if you get the chance.
Awesome technician and sales support
My sales rep was very patient and set me up with install time/packages in a timely manner and my installation technician installed over ten units in one day for me. They got the job done and saved me a headache for the following week.
Cable One Saves the Day
We switched to Cable One at my company several months ago and the internet is so much better than our previous provider. We also switched to their phone service. Yesterday our company voicemail no longer connected; it instead took callers to some generic voicemail somewhere else in the world. After talking to our phone system provider and some other local phone technicians, I gave Cable One a try. They rebooted our system and did everything on their end to fix this issue. We have no idea what triggered this random issue, but they fixed it, all the while going out of their way to make sure I was taken care of. Tech Support was awesome. I highly recommend Cable One.