Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Columbus, North Carolina
Internet Access in Columbus, North Carolina
The average download speed in Columbus is 25.74 Mbps. This is 65.8% slower than the average in North Carolina and 249.3% slower than the national average.
- There are 10 internet providers in Columbus with 4 of those offering residential service
- Columbus is the 538th most connected city in North Carolina ahead of Tryon, but behind Landrum, Mill Spring, Saluda, and Campobello.
- The average internet download speed in North Carolina is 75.18 mbps.
- There are 186 internet providers in all of North Carolina.
- 36% of residents in Polk County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- North Carolina is the 17th most connected state in the U.S.
- There are 7 companies offering business internet services in Columbus.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 23% of Polk County residents.
- The fastest zip code in Columbus for February 2021 is 28722. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
35.8% of consumers in Columbus2,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Columbus, North Carolina
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Columbus, North Carolina
- Spectrum - 45.6% Availability in Columbus - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Columbus - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Columbus - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Columbus
|Skyrunner||Fixed Wireless||27.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||23.0%+||940 Mbps|
|PANGAEA Internet||Fiber||4.0%+||100 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Columbus
Good News, Bad News
We moved to a rural area and had to switch to Windstream. We now have 25Mbps speed which I discovered is faster than the higher speed we got from our previous ISP, amazing! And, Windstream is always reliable for internet surfing and e-mail. That's all the GOOD news. The BAD news is their inferior website that allows no way to download and save our monthly detailed bill to our computer files as other sites easily provide. When I click on "See Bill Details," the message that appears is "Details unavailable" or "system error." Their customer service reps and the web technicians politely announce that they can't solve the problem. When I ask to speak to a supervisor, I'm told none is available, and they advise me to "Wait a while and try again." I finally gave up to save my blood pressure and applied for paper bills. I believe Windstream needs a webmaster who will bring their website up to standard and that their reps should refer to "unsolvable problems" for further follow up by qualified staff. When that has been done, I will be a much happier Windstream customer.