To determine the best internet speed for your home, consider the number of smart phones, smart TV’s, tablets and computers you have.
This table represents our recommendation:1-450mbps5-9100mbs10-14300mbps15+900mbpsWant a more personalized recommendation? Our experts are available to help: (855) 947-3388
Internet Providers in Akron, Pennsylvania
Only showing providers serving 17501
Residential Internet Statistics for Akron, PA
|Fastest Speed Available:||1,200 Mbps|
|Average Plan Price:||$57.98|
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 17501:
Showing 1 to 6 Providers
Internet Access in Akron, Pennsylvania
The average download speed in Akron is 27.85 Mbps. This is 83.5% slower than the average in Pennsylvania and 269.2% slower than the national average.
- There are 12 internet providers in Akron with 6 of those offering residential service
- Akron is the 14th most connected city in Pennsylvania ahead of Ephrata, Lititz, Stevens, Denver, and Leola.
- Approximately 100% of Akron residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Approximately 5,000 people in Lancaster County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 10% of Lancaster County residents.
- Residential fiber service is available to 60% of people living in Akron.
- Almost 96% of consumers in Pennsylvania have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- There are 227 internet providers in all of Pennsylvania.
Internet Statistics 2021
0.1% of consumers in Akron3 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Akron, Pennsylvania
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Blue Ridge Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s||100.0%|
|Windstream||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||99.9%|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||76.5%|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|