Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Internet Access in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
The average download speed in Shippensburg is 74.8 Mbps. This is 37.2% slower than the average in Pennsylvania and 20.2% slower than the national average.
- There are 12 internet providers in Shippensburg with 7 of those offering residential service
- Shippensburg is the 971st most connected city in Pennsylvania ahead of Fayetteville, Orrstown, Newville, and Newburg, but behind Chambersburg.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 56% of Cumberland County residents.
- Pennsylvania is the 15th most connected state in the U.S.
- In Cumberland County, approximately 17,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- 18% of Shippensburg residents are still severely limited in wired broadband choices.
- There are 216 internet providers in all of Pennsylvania.
- 64% of residents in Cumberland County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- The fastest zip code in Shippensburg for February 2021 is 17257. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
17.8% of consumers in Shippensburg4,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Kuhn Communications||150 Mbps||Cable||54s|
|CenturyLink||940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
- CenturyLink - 91.3% Availability in Shippensburg - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Xfinity - 80.3% Availability in Shippensburg - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Kuhn - 2.8% Availability in Shippensburg - Speeds up to 150 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Shippensburg - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Shippensburg - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Shippensburg
|CenturyLink||DSL and Fiber||91.3%+||940 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||80.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|King Street Wireless||Fixed Wireless||24.9%+||1.0 Mbps|
|Kuhn Communications||Cable||2.8%+||150 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||50 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||78.3%+||987 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL and Fiber||100%||940 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||16.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Shippensburg
Absolute Worst Customer Service
I called to have internet service established on December 6th and was told that everything would be turned on by 5:00 pm. I already had all equipment necessary so a technician coming out would not be necessary. 5:00 came and went, so I called to follow up. I was then told that a technician would need to come out and that the earliest available date was December 11. This is a huge inconvenience and CenturyLink's customer service department did nothing to make things right. They're right up there with Comcast in hiring the most disrespectful and ignorant people.