We’ve seen a handful of internet service providers (ISPs) dish out great deals for their internet, phone, and TV services every year. One such ISP is RCN, who’s already ahead of the game by offering their Cyber Monday deals now until November 27. Though this isn’t a gift guide, we’ve gathered everything you need to know about RCN’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals with exclusive information on pricing, savings, and equipment fees.
Black Friday Deals With RCN
RCN doesn’t have any specific Black Friday deals available yet, but that doesn’t mean they’ll keep their lips sealed forever. While we didn’t have much luck tracing previous RCN Black Friday deals, we decided to give a rundown of their internet plans.
RCN still has some great offers available on internet, TV, and phone bundles even without the early holiday bargains. A plus side to signing up during RCN’s promotional period includes free installation, which is usually a one-time fee of up to $50. Not all speeds may be available in all areas, but with the cable and fiber connection types RCN offers, most people can expect to have reliable service.
With competitive internet providers, you can expect to see some incredible deals, and RCN is no different. The best way to not miss out on a chance to save during Black Friday is to check RCN’s site for any hints that they may offer some massive savings.
RCN Cyber Monday Deals
Just as the name implies, you can find Cyber Monday deals online, and there’s nothing virtual about the savings you encounter. With download speeds up to 1000 Mbps (1 gig) and upload speeds up to 20 Mbps, RCN’s Cyber Monday offers are currently available on select internet plans when you use the deal’s code during checkout. As of now, there are three options available:
||Cyber Monday Features
|Internet 1 Gig Triple Play
||$64.99 per month
||$100 Gift Card
|Internet 1 Gig Double Play
||$64.99 per month
||$100 Gift Card
|Internet 1 Gig
||$49.99 per month
||$50 Gift Card
RCN also doesn’t have contract requirements or early termination fees (ETFs) if customers are unable to continue the full 12-month Cyber Monday promotion period.
The Cyber Monday options differ slightly from the usual promotions RCN offers because select plans provide certain equipment and a gift card between $50-100. The Triple Play Internet 1 Gig offers the most monthly savings at around $170 in monthly fees and installation costs. Be sure to mark your calendar since all of RCN’s Cyber Monday deals end on November 27th.
How to Save the Most Money on RCN Internet Service All Year Round
Choosing the right internet plan can be tricky without knowing what you want from an ISP. Instead of waiting around for Black Friday and Cyber Monday to roll out exclusive savings, here are several ways to save on your internet plan throughout the year:
- Home routers cost between $100-$400 depending on the specifications, while renting a router from RCN costs an average of up to $156 each year. By investing in a quality router that works with RCN, you can save money on rental fees after the first year.
- By bundling your internet with phone or TV services, you skip the hassle of keeping track of multiple bills and also save more by having your services under the same provider. RCN bundles save you up to $120 on phone services, or you can get basic TV for $15 per month with specific plans.
- If you don’t watch cable TV or use the home phone, you can find internet-only plans between $34.99 and $49.99 at RCN. By cutting out unnecessary fees, you have extra spending money for subscriptions you want, including Netflix or Hulu.
- Pick an internet plan that meets your requirements without overcompensating on speeds or data to avoid overage charges or lagging internet. If you only use the internet for checking emails, then RCN’s Internet 250 for $34.99 per month is more sufficient rather than their Internet 1 Gig for $49.99 per month.
- When you sign up for RCN, be sure to call and check with them for the latest promotions or deals to save you money. If you’ve been a long-time customer, you connect with a RCN representative and ask if they have any exclusive offers for loyal customers.
RCN Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals are sparse, but when they do offer them, they make it count. Even if you can’t find the best deals, there are plenty of other ways to save money all year round with RCN’s services. Don’t forget to bookmark their website page to stay updated on when RCN will officially announce their Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020 deals!
Last Updated on