Are you looking for information on internet providers in Denton, Texas? If so, then this detailed Internet Buyer’s Guide will provide helpful pointers and data on prices, plans, and promotions available in Denton.
Residential Internet Providers in Denton, TX
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|Spectrum||$49.99/mo.||200-1000 Mbps||Cable||100% Cable|
|Frontier Communications||$37.99/mo.||Call For Speed Availability||Fiber, DSL||98% Fiber, 98% DSL|
|CenturyLink||$49/mo.||10-940 Mbps||DSL, Fiber||42% DSL, 9% Fiber|
|Grande Communications||$24.99/mo.||50-1000 Mbps||Cable, DSL||27% Cable, 3% DSL|
The table above summarizes Denton internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Denton, TX
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|Grande Communications||1000 Mbps||$24.99-64.99/mo.|
|Frontier Communications||<span class='speed-disclaimer'>Call For Speed Availability</span>||$37.99-79.99/mo.|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||$49.99-149.99/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Denton residents.
What type of internet is available in Denton?
Denton has a broad range of internet service types available: DSL, Cable, Fiber-Optic, and Satellite.
- DSL: DSL internet travels over phone lines to send and receive data. This is perfect for light internet users.
- Cable: Those who often watch videos and download music would prefer cable internet, which travels through the same type of copper wire that your cable TV uses.
- Fiber-Optic: Much faster than DSL and cable, fiber-optic internet passes light through thin glass strands to deliver speeds up to 1000 Mbps in Denton.
- Satellite: When there are no wired internet providers available, satellite internet is a great choice as it is widely available and offers reliable speeds.
All of the above internet connection types may not be available in every area of Denton.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Denton?
There are a total of 45 internet providers in Denton— 16 residential and 29 business providers with a broad range of speeds and prices starting at $24.99/month. Grande Communications, XFINITY from Comcast and Rise Broadband offer the lowest-priced internet plans.
Cheapest internet in Denton
- Grande Communications—$24.99/mo. for up to 50 Mbps *
- Rise Broadband—$34.95/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
- Frontier Communications—$44.99/mo. for up to Call For Speed Availability *
- CenturyLink—$49/mo. for up to 10 Mbps *
- CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit—$49/mo. for up to 100 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Denton?
Most Denton residents and business owners want the highest amount of speed for the lowest price. Denton is home to Texas Woman’s University and the University of North Texas. As a result, the many students and staff members have high data demands. Internet needs vary by household activity and size.
Small households and light internet users may only need speeds of at least 25 Mbps. Heavy internet users, especially those working near the downtown area where Denton’s tech hub of startups reside, or Golden Triangle district, are best suited with speeds ranging from 100-1000 Mbps.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Denton that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Denton|
How do I find the fastest internet in Denton?
Currently, Spectrum and XFINITY from Comcast offer the fastest internet speeds in Denton. Spectrum offers 1000 Mbps for $109.99/month, while XFINITY from Comcast offers 1000 Mbps for $79.99/month.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Denton?
Bundling internet service with TV and/or phone service may be beneficial, as bundles offer lower prices and allow you to combine all of your home services through one provider. In Denton, Spectrum, Grande Communications, and AT&T Internet all offer double and triple play bundles. Depending on your internet speed requirements, you will want to speak with the representatives to find a suitable bundle. Each Denton provider offers internet-only plans as well.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Denton
|Internet Providers in Denton||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|Grande Communications||Internet + Phone + TV||$54.96-130.26/mo.|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Internet + Phone + TV||$54.99-149.99/mo.|
|Spectrum||Internet + Phone + TV||$89.98-152.97/mo.|
|AT&T Internet||Internet + TV||$99.99-129.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Denton?
The following are points to consider when shopping for internet service in Denton:
- Price: How much are you willing to pay for internet service per month? As a reminder, potential installation and equipment fees will be included in your initial internet bill.
- Speed: If you are a UNT or TWU student, or a freelance web designer in one of the shared work spaces, you are going to need fast internet. The number of individuals in your home or business is also going to be a deciding factor for speed.
- Data Caps: How much data do you use per month? Plans with no data caps or very large data caps are suited for heavy internet users such as gamers and streamers.
- Contracts: Most internet providers have contracts. If you are a student and are looking to leave within a year, you may want to select a contract-free plan.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Denton?
If you are an incoming freshman at either of the universities, or you are starting work at Peterbilt, there are several things to consider when potentially signing up for new service or ending your contract with your current provider.
If you are content with your current provider, check to see if they service Denton. Oftentimes, you can transfer your plan to the new location. However, if you cannot transfer your plan or would like to start fresh with a new provider, be prepared to face early termination fees.
Early termination fees (ETFs) are associated with an internet provider that requires a contract for service. Denton providers have ETFs that range from $0-400. Contract lengths are usually 0-2 years in the area. Spectrum and Nextlink Internet offer contract-free plans, allowing you to cancel at any time without encountering early termination fees.
Installation Fees in Denton
Professional installation fees in Denton can cost between $19.99 + $5.00 (Account Setup) to $99.00. However, some providers will waive these fees if you choose a self-setup option, order online, or sign up for a bundle.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Denton?
If you are a heavy online gamer, or are moving to Denton to work in the tech sector of the city, you are going to need a lot of data. Spectrum and Viasat Internet offer no data caps with their plans while Nextlink Internet offers a 1 TB data cap.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Denton?
Denton is known for its music life, so most areas have at least three internet providers available. Denton Prescription Shop, the area intersected by East Hickory and Industrial Street, and the area along East Oak and Oakland Street are the most-connected neighborhoods. In some areas, businesses can have a choice between 6-8 providers. Most residents choose between two providers: Nextlink Internet and Spectrum.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Denton, Texas
With a diverse demographic and a nonpartisan city council, Denton is the 34th most connected city in Texas, which is ahead of neighboring cities such as ahead of Aubrey, Argyle, Lake Dallas, Krum, and Ponder.. There is widespread availability for fiber internet throughout the city. Approximately people have access to one or fewer broadband connections. With widespread coverage from multiple providers, Denton is an interconnected city that attracts people from all walks of life.