Thanksgiving is right around the corner, which means internet service providers (ISPs) are gearing up for Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping. Among the ISPs, Verizon High Speed Internet and Verizon Fios are most likely participating this year. If last year’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals were any indication, you can bet that Verizon will have plenty of exclusive offers and extra goodies.
While Verizon High Speed Internet and Verizon Fios have been tight-lipped about their upcoming Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020 deals, we decided to give a breakdown of our predictions based on last year’s deals. If you haven’t already, you should bookmark Verizon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday website pages so you don’t miss out on the reveal as the shopping holiday approaches. Black Friday might look different this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but that won’t stop the bargain hunting!
Let’s take a look at past Black Friday and Cyber Monday trends from Verizon High Speed Internet and Verizon Fios and place our bets on what their 2020 deals will look like.
Verizon Black Friday Internet Deals
If there’s one thing that Verizon pushes to the forefront on Black Friday, it’s their fiber-optic internet service, Verizon Fios. Fiber internet isn’t as accessible as other broadband types; the Fiber Broadband Association hopes to deploy more fiber networks to about half of U.S. households by 20251. For those who are lucky enough to have access to Verizon Fios, you might reap the benefits when you sign up or switch to one of their fiber internet plans during this year’s Black Friday.
One of the Black Friday deals from last year was receiving a $100 Visa card and Disney+ for free when customers switched to Fios Home Internet & TV. On top of that, customers got to choose between Samsung Galaxy buds or a $100 Prepaid Visa Card. Another deal that Verizon Fios offered was knocking down their 100 Mbps plan to $39.99 per month without an annual contract. Twelve months of Disney+ was included in the plan as well.
Verizon High Speeed Internet
Verizon High Speed Internet didn’t receive the same treatment as Verizon Fios, as we couldn’t trace any Black Friday deals for their DSL internet service. If you’ve already signed up for one of their DSL plans, you can expect to find great deals when switching over to Verizon Fios on Black Friday. As the pandemic ushers in a new wave of internet users who may need high speed internet for work or school, we predict that Verizon will churn out more deals for their Verizon Fios plans this year compared to last year.
Verizon Cyber Monday 2020 Deals
Similar to the Black Friday deals, Verizon’s Cyber Monday deals from last year centered around their Fios internet plans. The aforementioned deals rolled over to Cyber Monday, but there were other exclusive offers such as waiving the $99 setup fee when customers ordered online. Another Cyber Monday deal was adding $10 per month toward the next phone or tablet when customers added a Fios plan to their Verizon Wireless plan. Most Cyber Monday deals offered extra savings to customers’ internet, TV, or phone plans whenever they bundled. We suspect that these deals will make a reappearance for this year’s Cyber Monday.
After digging around, we found that Verizon High Speed Internet also wasn’t a part of prior years’ Cyber Monday deals. It comes as no surprise that Verizon would want customers to sign up or upgrade their plans to Verizon Fios, as more people on the fiber network means a higher demand for accessibility in other locations. Verizon was one of the first major ISPs to deploy fiber internet service back in 2005, so we’re certain that Verizon Fios will take precedence over Verizon High Speed Internet for Black Friday and Cyber Monday from here on out. That doesn’t mean their DSL plans will disappear anytime soon!
How to Save the Most Money on Verizon High Speed Internet and Verizon Fios All Year Round
As with many ISPs that also provide phone and TV services, Verizon offers limited-time deals throughout the year — not just on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Whether it’s a free smartphone or additional savings when you bundle your internet plan with their TV service, Verizon knows better than anyone that year-long deals equal happy customers. Below are ways to save money with Verizon High Speed Internet and Verizon Fios when it’s not Black Friday or Cyber Monday.
- Go Mix and Match: Verizon Fios lets you choose your internet and TV plans based on your needs, so you’re not restricted to preset bundles. You can save $10 per month when you complete your bundle with a Verizon Wireless plan and have free access to Disney+ for 12 months.
- Avoid Annual Contracts: Lucky for prospective or current customers, Verizon High Speed Internet/Verizon Fios omit annual contracts and hence no early termination fees.
- Check Internet Speed: If you feel like you need slower or faster speeds based on your household size and how often each individual uses the internet, try the internet speed test. This way, you can figure out the speed threshold for your household without overpaying for your current internet plan every month.
- Negotiate Monthly Bill: Verizon’s customer support does a pretty good job of keeping their customers satisfied with their service. If you’re a long-time customer, it might be an opportune time to negotiate your internet bill. Your loyalty could open up more savings or deals that are exclusive just for you.
- Downgrade Internet Plan: Just because you have fiber internet doesn’t mean it’s the most affordable option. Since you’re not locked in an annual contract, you can cancel or switch plans at any time with Verizon. If you have a Fios plan, you can downgrade to one of their DSL plans and still experience high speed internet.
Savings are usually greater during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but Verizon shower customers with deals no matter the event or season. Deals are always changing, so make sure to keep an eye out every so often. You won’t want to miss out on potential new and exclusive Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals this year, either!
Last Updated on