Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Bristol, Vermont
Internet Access in Bristol, Vermont
The average download speed in Bristol is 18.78 Mbps. This is 79.6% slower than the average in Vermont and 397.2% slower than the national average.
- There are 10 internet providers in Bristol with 8 of those offering residential service
- Bristol is the 62nd most connected city in Vermont ahead of Waitsfield and Warren, but behind Middlebury, New Haven, and Vergennes.
- Approximately 300 people in Addison County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Almost 93% of consumers in Vermont have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- In Addison County, approximately 5,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- There are 6 companies offering business internet services in Bristol.
- 86.5% of Vermonters have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 24% of Addison County residents.
Internet Statistics 2021
4.2% of consumers in Bristol200 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Bristol, Vermont
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Green Mountain Access||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Green Mountain Access||50 Mbps||DSL||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||25 Mbps||DSL||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Bristol, Vermont
- Green Mountain Access - - 97.4% Availability in Bristol - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- Xfinity - - 96.8% Availability in Bristol - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Green Mountain Access - - 38.1% Availability in Bristol - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Consolidated - - 2.9% Availability in Bristol - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Bristol - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Bristol - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Summary Of Internet Providers In Bristol
|Green Mountain Access||DSL||97.4%+||50 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||96.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|King Street Wireless||Fixed Wireless||93.5%+||1.0 Mbps|
|VTel Wireless||Fixed Wireless||65.3%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Green Mountain Access||Fiber||38.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||DSL||2.9%+||25 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||96.3%+||987 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Bristol
Way too expensive
I basically cannot complain about the internet even though I pay more than $130 for internet. The internet is really good at 100Mbps and works fine throughout the house. Customer service is basically of no help. However, living in VT that's the best you can get.