To determine the best internet speed for your home, consider the number of smart phones, smart TV’s, tablets and computers you have.
This table represents our recommendation:1-450mbps5-9100mbs10-14300mbps15+900mbpsWant a more personalized recommendation? Our experts are available to help: (855) 947-3388
Internet Providers in Columbus, Wisconsin
Only showing providers serving 53925
Residential Internet Statistics for Columbus, WI
|Fastest Speed Available:||1,200 Mbps|
|Average Plan Price:||$58.74|
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 53925:
Showing 1 to 9 Providers
Internet Access in Columbus, Wisconsin
The average download speed in Columbus is 17.06 Mbps. This is 85.5% slower than the average in Wisconsin and 502.8% slower than the national average.
- There are 15 internet providers in Columbus with 9 of those offering residential service
- Columbus is the 69th most connected city in Wisconsin ahead of Beaver Dam, Reeseville, Marshall, Waterloo, and Fall River.
- The average internet download speed in Wisconsin is 118.03 mbps.
- There are 233 internet providers in all of Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin is the 36th most connected state in the U.S.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 2% of Columbia County residents.
- Approximately 2,000 people in Columbia County don't have access to any wired internet.
- 32% of Columbus residents are still severely limited in wired broadband choices.
- The fastest zip code in Columbus for July 2021 is 53925. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
31.6% of consumers in Columbus2,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Columbus, Wisconsin
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||4.8%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|CenturyLink||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s||5.2%|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||IPBB and Fixed Wireless||1m 21s||87.4%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|Frontier Communications||30 Mbps||DSL||4m 33s||2.3%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Columbus
We were ecstatic to have LTD offered in our area. Previously, we had satellite service which was awful and expensive. Made the switch to a cell-based service which was ok, but limited speed and data. LTD’s service gave us the ability to reliably use the internet for daily use, kids' online gaming and security. Extremely happy with LTD customer service.
Enjoyed service when we first got it 4 years ago. But as time went on, service hasn't been the greatest. Lost connection or spotty. I was hoping they would improve quality.