How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25 Mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Only showing providers serving 53215
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 53215:
Showing 1 to 8 Providers
Internet Access in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The average download speed in Milwaukee is 166.33 Mbps. This is 29.4% faster than the average in Wisconsin and 35.4% faster than the national average.
- There are 30 internet providers in Milwaukee with 8 of those offering residential service
- Milwaukee is the 68th most connected city in Wisconsin ahead of Greendale and Elm Grove, but behind Saint Francis, Brookfield, and Butler.
- Almost 92% of consumers in Wisconsin have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- 87.3% of Wisconsinites have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Wisconsin is the 35th most connected state in the U.S.
- The average internet download speed in Wisconsin is 128.57 mbps.
- There are 240 internet providers in all of Wisconsin.
- There are 23 companies offering business internet services in Milwaukee.
- Explore internet access for communities within Milwaukee: Bay View, West Milwaukee, Glendale, Brown Deer, Bayside, West Allis, Fox Point, River Hills, Wauwatosa, Shorewood, Whitefish Bay, and Greenfield
Internet Statistics 2022
0.4% of consumers in Milwaukee2,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Milwaukee, Wisconsin
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|AT&T Internet||1,000 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||8s||99.9%|
|EarthLink||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||100.0%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|T-Mobile Home Internet||115 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||1m 11s||39.2%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|Ultra Home Internet||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||1m 21s||39.2%|
|TDS Telecom||25 Mbps||DSL||5m 27s||2.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Provider Competition Map For Milwaukee
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Milwaukee
I've contracted broadband service (such as Verizon FIOS) all over the country (from Maryland to Washington state) and have never had an issue with service being unreasonable or unaffordable. I currently pay $49.95 for 1Gb service at my home in Wisconsin and I am locked into that price as long as I have service. Here in Iowa, South Slope wants $199 for it. Seriously, four times more? That is simply taking advantage of people. It does not cost that much to provide the service over fiber. In Iowa, I was forced to go to 60Mb service for $55, so I'm paying more for only 16% of the service I get elsewhere. Admittedly, there are few options besides South Slope but they are being unethical with their prices.
Not getting good service
Spectrum Internet is good when it doesn’t go down. And the cable box constantly buffers and is very slow. I had to replace the cable box several times but still experiencing same issues. On a positive note, Spectrum does give you a great time allowance to pay your bill before they disconnect your service.
Although I've often had to call to have them correct my bill because added charges would show up with no explanation, I have been able to keep them to their promises and I have found their service dependable.