The holiday season is upon us, and we all know what that means: Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just around the corner. This year's Black Friday falls on November 27, followed shortly after by Cyber Monday on November 30. Although consumers often associate these two shopping events with retailers giving away massive discounts, internet service providers (ISP) are also known to offer great deals. Xfinity from Comcast is one of the ISPs that regularly partake in such shopping events.
Xfinity is the largest cable provider in the U.S., and with speeds up to 2,000 Mbps, it offers the fastest cable internet speed among all cable providers. It also provides customers with the ability to combine internet with phone and/or TV bundles and triple-play plans at a discounted rate. With many of Xfinity's prices expected to drop further this Black Friday and Cyber Monday, there's no better time to purchase an Xfinity internet plan.
Xfinity Black Friday Deals for Internet, TV, and Phone Services
We are only a few weeks away from Black Friday, but Xfinity has not announced its Black Friday internet deals yet. In previous years, the company dropped its announcement on the week of Thanksgiving, so it would be best to check its website as the holiday draws close. For now, the best we can do is anticipate what kinds of deals Xfinity will launch this year based on previous trends.
In 2018, customers who signed up for Xfinity X1 services received a $100 VISA prepaid card, while those who bought select double play and triple play bundles received a $200 card. A similar deal was launched in 2019, where select internet and TV bundles included a $150 prepaid card. That offer lasted for two whole weeks.
In both 2018 and 2019, Xfinity also lowered the promotional prices of many of its internet, TV, and phone service bundles. For example, in 2018, Xfinity launched an exclusive bundle with internet speeds up to 150 Mbps and TV service that offered over 140 cable channels for only $70 per month for the first 12 months. At the time, the regular rate for that kind of bundle was over $100 per month.
Based on those trends, we recommend being on the lookout for discounted Xfinity bundles. Although you may see some savings if you go with an internet-only plan, you'll get better deals with an internet, TV, and phone bundle. It would also make a lot of sense to look for bundles that could give you a VISA prepaid card as you could use the credit for your Cyber Monday purchases.
Xfinity Cyber Monday Deals
Xfinity is known to blur the lines between Black Friday and Cyber Monday by launching deals that run through the entire Black Friday weekend and beyond. However, since the idea of Cyber Monday was created to drive up online sales1, Xfinity tends to rev up its deals on equipment rather than services on Cyber Monday. That makes Cyber Monday a great opportunity to purchase or upgrade your internet or TV equipment.
Xfinity has yet to announce its Cyber Monday deals, but we've prepared a list of products to monitor on the day of the event.
- xFi: xFi is an all-in-one modem plus router designed for Xfinity internet with advanced security features to help block cyber security threats. It also comes with a smartphone app with easy network and parental controls.
- xFi Complete: xFi Complete has all the features of xFi plus it autonomously performs an evaluation to eliminate Wi-Fi dead spots. xFi Complete users also enjoy unlimited data at no extra cost.
- X1: X1 is a TV box with a voice remote. It can broadcast live TV and cable channels, act as a cloud DVR for mobile on-demand viewing, and has integrated streaming apps like Netflix and Prime Video.
- X1 Flex: X1 Flex is similar to X1, but without access to cable channels and cloud DVR. It focuses on cord-cutting instead, with the ability to stream in 4K from various streaming services.
Come this Cyber Monday, be sure to check out these devices to see if they are on sale.
How to Save the Most Money on Xfinity Internet Service All Year Round
While many great deals are coming our way on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it's not necessary to wait for those days to save money. Here are a few things you could do to save money on your Xfinity internet service now or beyond the holiday sale season.
- Buy, don't rent: Xfinity leases out its internet equipment (router, modem, etc.) to customers, which is good for those who don't want to make an upfront investment. However, the longer you use the service, the more you'll pay to rent the equipment. If you plan to use Xfinity internet for at least a year, it's better to buy your own modem and router.
- Bundle your services: You'll save up a few bucks per month if you bundle your Xfinity internet with a TV or phone plan. That can add up to hundreds of dollars in the long run, so consider switching your TV and phone services to Xfinity if you already have a standalone internet plan with them.
- Sign a contract: If you plan to stick around with Xfinity for more than a year, consider signing a contract to save around $10 per month. However, beware of the early termination fee. If you can't commit to the contract length, it may be better to opt for a month-to-month option instead.
- Match your internet speed needs: Before signing up, determine how much internet speed you need. Doing so will help you find just the right internet plan to meet your broadband needs without overspending on unnecessarily fast speeds.
- Negotiate: Xfinity's prices are not set in stone. When chatting with a sales rep, don't hesitate to shake the tree and see what falls, that is, try to negotiate.
Last Updated on