- AOIR – Association of Internet Researchers, helps advance cross-disciplinary Internet studies.
- CNRI – Corporation for National Research Initiatives. A not-for-profit organization which performs research in the public interest on strategic development of Internet based information technologies.
- IAHC – The Internet International Ad Hoc Committee was established by the IAB, ISOC, IANA and others to make recommendations about administration and management of the top-level international domain names . Historically located at IAHC.org, it dissolved May 1, 1997.
- ISC – Internet Software Consortium. Non-profit corporation that maintains production quality free open source software reference implementations of core Internet protocols.
- ITU – International Telecommunications Union. An international organization which coordinates government and private sector global telecom networks and services.
Are you researching the early history of the internet?
Contact us and we'll connect you with an internet expert that can support your work.