The following sites provide more information on searching the web:
- Finding Information On The Net — The substance of the Internet Workshops from the Teaching Library at the University of California at Berkeley.
- Guide to Effective Searching of the Internet — Comprehensive, sixty topic tutorial.
- The Information Research FAQ — Provides information on how to search the Internet for United Nations Documents, FAQ’s & Newsgroups, Theses & Dissertations, Patents, Government Resources, Newswires & News Databases, and other information.
- The Professional Research FAQ — Describes how to perform professional research using the Internet
- Patent Research FAQ — Describes the tools and concepts used in
- Search Engine Features — Search features and functions of leading search engines.
- Search Tools Chart — Information and search options for leading search indexes.
- Using the Internet for Research FAQ — Describes how to perform searches for research.
Are you researching the early history of the internet?
Contact us and we'll connect you with an internet expert that can support your work.