VPNSecure takes internet safety and customer choices seriously. This is apparent through their high-level encryption and multiple plan options. If you’re looking to go back to the basics with your VPN, and VPNSecure has caught your eye, then you’re in the right place. Keep reading to find out more about their best features, prices, and more valuable information.
Best Features of VPNSecure
While VPNSecure’s primary concern is keeping customers safe while searching the web, they go beyond this service by providing several useful features with their plans. Here are some nifty aspects customers can look forward to when signing up:
- Customizable Encryption Strength — VPNSecure allows users to choose their encryption strength, offering ciphers from 64-bits up to 256-bits. This gives customers the ability to change the power according to their needs. If customers choose the shorter key, there are still 1.8 x 10¹⁹ possible combinations to protect your data.
- Meta Search Engine — The Meta Search Engine is available for premium plan members that want an incognito search. The benefits of using this search engine over others include an ad-free experience, while VPNSecure safeguards your information. Note that the no-log guarantee is still active while using this feature.
- 24/7 Customer Service — VPNSecure customer service is available through online ticket requests and email support both day and night. They also provide a knowledge base with FAQs, blogs, and app downloads from their support page. The best part about VPNSecure’s online ticket request is that you don’t have to sit on hold for hours on end since they state that a representative will make contact within 30 minutes.
- Kill Switch — The kill switch is the feature you don’t know you need until you need it. Sometimes connections fail, and service is lost, and occasionally, this may happen while using VPNSecure. So, as an additional safety precaution, the kill switch activates and shuts down your internet access when the VPN loses connection. This keeps any sensitive information safe while VPNSecure works to get the server back up and running.
- Multiple Payments Methods — Not only does VPNSecure have the traditional payment methods of credit cards and PayPal, but customers also have the option to choose from Payza, Cashu, Bitcoin, Perfect Money, and Paymentwall.
- Available Without the App — Downloading an app to access your VPN service may not be on your to-do list. However, VPNSecure helps customers who are unable, or don’t want to download the app, stay secure by offering a different solution. VPNSecure supplies OpenVPN keys and configuration files for every server from the members portal. Customers can also install the platform on approved routers with VPNSecure’s installation guides or purchase pre-configured routers from the site.
How Does VPNSecure Work?
VPNSecure uses various encryption protocols, apps, and other tools to help keep information safe from hackers, government agencies, and others trying to access your data. In basic terms, they create an encryption tunnel from your device to their servers that can’t be infiltrated. VPNSecure has downloadable apps available for numerous devices and OpenVPN, which doesn’t require an app download, through the customer portal.
The ability to stream Netflix while using VPNSecure remains a challenge as the platform continuously blocks VPNSecure servers with their geo-restrictions. While VPNSecure currently doesn’t promise that Netflix will work when connected to one of their servers, they take internet security seriously. So, while streaming isn’t at the top of the list, private internet browsing and torrenting are areas that VPNSecure wants to make available to their customers.
VPNSecure has over 80 servers in 50 countries worldwide. If you have plans to travel and want to know if VPNSecure is available at your destination, here’s a list of countries that have VPNSecure servers:
- United States
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Isle of Man
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Korea
The Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
VPNSecure Subscription and Pricing
VPNSecure has no shortage of options when it comes to the lengths and prices of their plans. Here are some of the service’s recurring plans with pricing and features:
|Monthly Plan Cost||Annual Plan Cost||7-Day Money-back Guarantee||Server Locations||Devices|
|Monthly||$9.95 per month||N/A||Yes||50||5|
|6 Month||$8.33 per month||$49.95 every 6 months||Yes||50||5|
|1 Year||$6.66 per month||$79.95 every 12 months||Yes||50||5|
|3 Year||$2.99 per month||$107.64 every 36 months||Yes||50||5|
VPNSecure paid plans have access to all servers and up to five simultaneous connections. When connecting devices, users must connect to a different server per each device. On the bright side, VPNSecure has over 80 choices to choose from. Prices vary depending on the length of time you stay with VPNSecure.
Plans vary from month to month for $9.95, up to three years for $2.99 per month. VPNSecure also has weekly plans that start at $4.95 per week. So, for customers who are wary about committing to extended agreements, there are weekly options or one-, three-, and six-month plans on the market. Whether choosing a weekly, monthly, or annual plan, each comes with a seven-day, money-back guarantee with a full refund.
VPNSecure offers mid-level pricing as compared to its competitors. Both monthly and yearly costs are lower than VPNs, including: ExpressVPN, which has plans starting at $12.95 for month-to-month plans and $6.67 per month for annual plans; and NordVPN, which charges $11.95 for monthly services and $4.92 per month with yearly subscriptions. VPNSecure’s monthly cost of $9.95 is comparable to IPVanish’s month-to-month option of $9.99. However, VPNSecure’s 12-month options of $79.95 are lower than IPVanish’s annual subscription of $89.99 when subscribing for the yearly plan.
VPNSecure’s price gets considerably cheaper for longer contracts. If you decide that you want to stay for at least a year, the average monthly cost goes down to $6.66 from $9.95, about a 30 percent savings. The significant savings happen when you agree to stay for three years, bringing your monthly amount to $2.99. This equates to about a 70 percent savings from the month-to-month option.
At the moment, VPNSecure doesn’t have any military or student discounts available. The only discounts available with VPNSecure are when you subscribe for a lengthier contract duration.
VPNSecure Free Trial
Customers have a few options when it comes to trying out VPNSecure’s services. The free trial is available for 30 days but has a limit of one server in the U.S. with 2 GB of bandwidth. The two-day trial costs a one-time payment of $2, and VPNSecure lets potential users try out all of their servers within this time frame. If customers are unsatisfied with the service, there’s a seven-day, money-back guarantee.
How to Cancel VPNSecure
Whether you sign up through a Google Play account, PayPal, or the Apple Store, VPNSecure doesn’t make you jump through hoops when you’re ready to cancel your service. When you decide you’re ready to move on, all you have to do is go under your subscriptions tab in the account you used to sign up, click on VPNSecure, and confirm your cancellation.
If you figure out that VPNSecure isn’t precisely what you need within the first seven days, you can be eligible for a full refund. Be sure that you contact customer support if you’re looking for a refund, and they will tell you which steps to take.
Is VPNSecure Any Good?
VPNSecure’s home base is in Australia, and its goal is to help protect customers while they surf the web. Our review of VPNSecure shows that they are all about options and giving their customers the chance to choose what they want to buy. VPNSecure displays all available products with their pricing before the checkout process. With VPNSecure’s customizable encryption, multiple payment options, and Meta Search Engine, it may become a viable option for your household or business.