Best EarthLink Deals Right Now
EarthLink’s pricing differs significantly from competitors such as AT&T and Verizon Fios, though EarthLink’s digital subscriber line (DSL) and fiber internet plans are similar in speed to these providers. EarthLink makes up for its higher-than-average pricing by offering incentives year-round, including:
- $100 Prepaid Mastercard with EarthLink Fiber internet purchase
- Free professional installation on EarthLink Fiber plans
- Free 30 days of EarthLink Protect+, EarthLink Protect, and EarthLink Guardian
- Free 30 days of EarthLink EasyTech remote IT support
- Free EarthLink Online Backup for 30 days
- EarthLink Fiber internet starting at $54.95 per month
- EarthLink Wireless Home Internet starting at $64.95 per month (50 GB)
EarthLink Internet-Only Deals
Typically, EarthLink’s best deals are already included in each plan. For example, most internet providers advertise plans with promotional pricing that increases by $10-$30 per month after the promotional period. EarthLink makes it easier to budget long-term since they advertise their normal rate.
However, right now, EarthLink is offering a $100 Prepaid Mastercard with its fiber internet plans. All you have to do is purchase a qualifying EarthLink Fiber internet plan and maintain service for three months to redeem your card. On top of the gift card, EarthLink Fiber internet plans also come with free professional installation.
EarthLink is also providing a 30-day free trial with its suite of internet security services, including EarthLink Protect+, EarthLink Protect, and EarthLink Guardian. These services offer Advanced Norton Device Security, VPN services, Dark Web monitoring, LifeLock Identity alerts, and parental controls powered by Bark. New customers can also get EarthLink Online Backup and Earthlink EasyTech remote IT support free for 30 days.
EarthLink now offers Wireless Home internet plans that come in 100 GB, 150 GB, 200 GB, and 300 GB sizes. You can choose the size that fits your data usage and budget best. EarthLink Wireless Home Internet starts at just $64.95 per month for new customers (plus activation and monthly router fees).
EarthLink Internet Fees
Before committing to a plan, you should thoroughly review your contract, paying close attention to both avoidable and mandatory fees. EarthLink’s plans include the following unavoidable fees:
- Installation fee: EarthLink internet requires professional installation ranging from $39.95 for fiber plans to $79.95 for EarthLink Wireless Home Internet. (DSL customers can opt for a self-installation kit for $19.95.)
- Modem rental fee: EarthLink’s modem rental fee costs $12.95 per month ($14.95 per month for EarthLink Wireless Home internet). You can avoid these fees by purchasing your own modem. However, be sure it’s compatible with your plan before you buy.
EarthLink Internet Bundle Plans and Pricing
EarthLink recently added TV service to its home service offerings called EarthLink Live TV. Starting at just $64.95 per month, EarthLink Live TV offers up to 150+ channels, 20 hours of DVR, and multiple different device streams.
EarthLink also offers a streaming solution called EarthLink Stream TV. Powered by MyBundle.TV, EarthLink Stream TV gives new EarthLink customers suggestions on the streaming services they should sign up for based on their preferences and channel requirements.
EarthLink offers $30 per month off internet plans to low-income households through the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Customers who apply for this discount will need to provide documentation to prove eligibility. Qualifying applicants don’t need to go through credit checks, there are no data caps, and EarthLink provides a wireless gateway to deliver in-home Wi-Fi.
How to Get the Best Deal With EarthLink Internet
Follow these suggestions for a fast way to lower your overall bill with EarthLink:
- Purchase your own equipment. Avoid EarthLink’s high equipment rental fee and save up to $120 per year by purchasing and installing your own equipment.
- Choose the internet speed you need. Purchasing the internet speed that’s most appropriate for your household will save money on speed you don’t need.
- Self-install your internet. Professional installation from EarthLink can be pricey, so sidestep that cost by self-installing your internet.