Triple Play Bundles
The deals listed below include TV, Internet, and Phone service. Generally Cox Communications offers the best promotions and discounts on these plans.
$157.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Essential 50 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice Preferred50 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$177.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Preferred 250 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice Preferred250 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload
$197.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Ultimate 500 + Contour TV Preferred + Voice Preferred500 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload
$217.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Gigablast + Contour TV Preferred + Voice Preferred1 GbpsDownload35 MbpsUpload
TV & Internet Bundles
The bundles listed below include TV + Internet access and can be a good value if you want traditional TV service.
$137.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Essential 50 + Contour TV Preferred50 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$157.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Preferred 250 + Contour TV Preferred250 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload
$177.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Ultimate 500 + Contour TV Preferred500 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload
$197.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Gigablast + Contour TV Preferred1 GbpsDownload35 MbpsUpload
Internet Only Plans
If you are considering an internet-only plan, be sure to compare with the bundle deals above. Sometimes Cox Communications offers TV or Phone service for just a few dollars more than stand-alone internet.
$29.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Starter 2525 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$39.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Essential 5050 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$49.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Preferred 250250 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload
$69.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Ultimate 500500 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload
$89.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet Gigablast1 GbpsDownload35 MbpsUpload
Best Cox Communications Deals Right Now
Cox relies on its quality service and product to maintain customer loyalty, but occasionally Cox offers deals to attract new subscribers. Here are the latest Cox internet deals:
- Save up to $35 each month off internet plans 25 Mbps or above for one year with a 12-month service agreement. After the first year, expect your monthly price to return to the standard rate.
- Get McAfee Security Suite for free when you sign up for any plan with download speeds of 250 Mbps speed or higher.
- Purchase Cox’s StraightUp pay-as-you-go internet for $50 per month for up to 50 Mbps download speeds — with no contracts or commitments.
- Sign up today to get free unlimited data for up to 24 months.
Cox Internet-Only Deals
Deals and promotions from Cox Communications are a little harder to find than most other major ISPs, but they are well worth it. You may not see such offers as free gift cards, but Cox deals will appeal to those looking for long-term value and security.
Right now, Cox is offering special pricing for customers willing to sign up for a one-year service agreement. Cox will reduce your monthly internet price by up to $35 for one year on 25 Mbps or above plans. This deal is ideal for anyone who would benefit from consistent recurring savings instead of a one-time incentive.
For the commitment-phobic, Cox’s StraightUp Internet may be a plan worth considering. Purchase 50 Mbps internet for $50 for one month, and if you don’t need it the next month, skip it. Need internet access again in a couple of months? Just pay $50 for another month’s worth of access. StraightUp Internet from Cox is a great deal for anyone looking for ultimate flexibility in their internet service.
Cox includes a free subscription to McAfee Internet Security for anyone who purchases internet plans 250 Mbps or above — a great deal for anyone looking for a convenient way to keep their activity secure.
Internet security is an essential component of safe online activity. Cox includes a free subscription to McAfee Internet Security for anyone who purchases internet plans 250 Mbps or above — a great deal for anyone who cares about keeping their computer activity protected.
The above features, among others, are applicable to each Cox internet-only or internet and TV bundle. Sports aficionados, serious online gamers, and streaming fans stand to get the most value out of Cox with offers such as the 4K Contour Stream Player, Cox’s streaming device, and Cox’s Elite Gamer software.
Currently, Cox is waiving its typical 1.25 TB monthly data limit and offering unlimited data each month free of charge for up to 24 months. Simply sign up for one of Cox’s internet plans, and you’ll see the option to add unlimited data free of charge at checkout.
Cox Internet Fees
Besides plan price increases after the first year, Cox’s contract language includes a few other costs in the form of fees. Luckily, most are avoidable:
- Early Termination Fee (ETF): You could be on the hook for up to $360 in early termination fees if you cancel your contract early. Avoid this fee by picking the plan duration or contract option that fits your situation.
- Data Overage Fee: Cox has a 1.25 TB data cap on plans, and you will face a $10 charge for every 50 GB over that limit. Choose an unlimited data plan or watch your usage to avoid this one.
- Installation Fee: Cox charges $100 for professional installation. Opt for self-installation instead for a steep discount on this cost.
- Equipment Lease Fee: Cox provides a panoramic Wi-Fi gateway device for $13 per month. You can avoid this monthly fee by using your own equipment, but you’ll miss out on the free equipment upgrades every three years. Plus, you’ll receive reduced technical support.
Cox Internet Bundle Plans and Pricing
|Plan Name||Starting Price||Deal|
|Cox Internet and TV||$57.99 per month||
|Cox Internet and Homelife||$79.99 per month||
|Cox Internet, TV, and Phone||$157.99 per month||
Cox internet subscribers can bundle their internet service with Cox Contour TV, Cox Homelife, or Cox Voice services. Cox Contour TV offers the best of both worlds, traditional and streaming, as users can get 140+ channels, a free Contour TV box, free Starter DVR service, and the Contour TV app to stream content whenever and however they prefer. Combining TV with Cox internet offers the ability to stream seamlessly without buffering.
Customers looking for home services can also bundle Cox internet with Cox Homelife, Cox’s home automation and security suite. With this service, Cox offers control lighting, HD cameras, touch-screen integration, and sensors for every aperture of your home. Subscribers can also add 24/7 professional security monitoring for an extra sense of security. For just $20 per month, you can add Cox Voice Preferred to any bundle package for crystal-clear HD calling.
Cox Internet Discounts
Cox offers the following discounts to students and low-income households:
- Low-income discount: Cox offers discounts to low-income households through the FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). Eligible participants in the program have to demonstrate their necessity for this service through requisite paperwork.
- Student discount: Through the Cox Connect2Compete program, K-12 students can get affordable home internet with Wi-Fi access for as little as $9.95 per month with download speeds up to 100 Mbps.
How to Get the Best Deal With Cox Internet
Here are some tips for getting the best deal when shopping for Cox internet services:
- Bundle Cox internet for the best deal. Bundling TV, home phone, or home security, will get you one bill, and the perks outweigh breaking those services out between multiple companies.
- Confirm the final price of your Cox internet plan. While the initial contract price will be lower, make sure you read the fine print to find your normal price after the promotional period ends.
- Buy the Cox internet speed you need. While it can be tempting to go for the fastest internet plan, most don’t need those speeds. Find the middle ground between price and speed, so you don’t overpay.
- Self-install your Cox internet service. Cox’s $20 internet self-installation is a fraction of Cox’s professional installation fee, and it does not change based on what’s installed (unlike when a technician comes to your home).