Triple Play Bundles
The deals listed below include TV, Internet, and Phone service. Generally XFINITY from Comcast offers the best promotions and discounts on these plans.
Standard+ More200 MbpsDownload5 MbpsUpload$89.99/mo at promo rate
Select+ More800 MbpsDownload15 MbpsUpload$99.99/mo at promo rate
Signature+ More1200 MbpsDownload$129.99/mo at promo rate
Super+ More1200 MbpsDownload$149.99/mo at promo rate
TV & Internet Bundles
The bundles listed below include TV + Internet access and can be a good value if you want traditional TV service.
Choice Double Play + Speed Increase to Performance Pro Internet200 MbpsDownload5 MbpsUpload$54.99/mo at promo rate
Standard+200 MbpsDownload5 MbpsUpload$79.99/mo at promo rate
Select+400 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload$89.99/mo at promo rate
Signature+800 MbpsDownload15 MbpsUpload$119.99/mo at promo rate
Super+800 MbpsDownload15 MbpsUpload$139.99/mo at promo rate
Internet Only Plans
If you are considering an internet-only plan, be sure to compare with the bundle deals above. Sometimes XFINITY from Comcast offers TV or Phone service for just a few dollars more than stand-alone internet.
Performance Starter50 MbpsDownload5 MbpsUpload$29.99/mo at promo rate
Performance100 MbpsDownload5 MbpsUpload$34.99/mo at promo rate
Blast!400 MbpsDownload10 MbpsUpload$59.99/mo at promo rate
Extreme Pro+800 MbpsDownload15 MbpsUpload$69.99/mo at promo rate
Gigabit1200 MbpsDownload35 MbpsUpload$79.99/mo at promo rate
Gigabit Pro2000 MbpsDownload2000 MbpsUpload$299.95/mo at promo rate
Xfinity Internet Plans and Pricing Summary
|Plan name||Download speed||Monthly start price|
|Xfinity Performance Starter||50 Mbps||$30/mo|
|Xfinity Performance||100 Mbps||$35/mo|
|Xfinity Blast!||400 Mbps||$60/mo|
|Xfinity Extreme Pro+||800 Mbps||$70/mo|
|Xfinity Gigabit||1200 Mbps||$80/mo|
|Xfinity Gigabit Pro||2000 Mbps||$300/mo|
Overview of Xfinity Internet Deals
If you are searching for an internet service provider that gives you a little bit of everything, Xfinity by Comcast is one of the best choices. Xfinity has a blend of internet speeds, streaming app access, and cable television that is nearly unmatched, not to mention home phone and home security services. Here is just a sample of what Xfinity offers its subscribers:
- Multiple Levels of Service – Usually, with most internet providers you will find two or three internet speeds to choose from. Xfinity has six levels of speed.
- Free Cable TV – We will get into this a bit later, but Peacock TV is included with your internet service.
- Home Security – Not many internet companies, if any, will offer video monitoring of your home. You may receive a type of firewall on your computer system from hackers, but Xfinity takes your safety a step further with 24/7 video recording.
- Mobile Services – This is another feature that many may not know about. You can add this service to your internet plan for only $40 per month.
Xfinity Communications Discounts
Xfinity offers multiple discounts to its subscribers, which is an attractive advantage. These discounts, however, can also be a double-edged sword, because Xfinity requires subscribers to sign a contract for the best rates. Xfinity contracts typically last one to two years. Among these discounts are:
- First-Year Discounts – If you choose the one-year contract option, you will receive a $15-$30 discount during your first year of service.
- Auto-Pay and Paperless Billing – Subscribers receive a $10 discount each month. You will receive an email when your bill is coming.
- Multiple-Line Discounts – If you have multiple services with Xfinity, including TV, home phone, or home security, you will receive a discount on your internet service. The more lines you have, the greater the discount — up to $60 for all four product lines.
- Free Television Streaming Options – Xfinity offers all subscribers a streaming service called Peacock TV. This is a free streaming platform through the Flex 4K Streaming Box that is included free with your Xfinity service.
Xfinity also offers benefits to college students, teachers, and military personnel:
- Teachers receive a $150 prepaid gift card and exclusive offers on internet service. To qualify, teachers must verify their profession online.
- Students receive a $100 Visa prepaid gift card and six months to Amazon Music Unlimited. To qualify, they must confirm online that they are a college student.
- Military personnel receive a $100 Visa prepaid card (90-day term agreements apply), as well as $25 toward buying or renting on-demand content, or for using as a bill credit.
Xfinity Internet-Only Deals
On top of the first year and auto-pay discount, all Xfinity plans (excluding Internet Essentials) currently offer a free Flex 4K streaming TV box (and its Voice Remote) and a free Peacock Premium subscription. If you’re familiar with the Amazon Firestick or Apple TV remote, you’ll easily get accustomed to the Flex Voice Remote. Fans of NBCUniversal can save nearly $60 a year with this deal since Peacock Premium costs $4.99 a month.
Xfinity is also offering xFi Complete, which includes the xFi Gateway, unlimited data, and Xfinity’s Advanced Security, free for one year. The normal price for xFi Complete is $25 a month (or $300 a year), which is still worth paying for if you want unlimited data and need a Wi-Fi extender. Unlimited data costs an additional $30 a month, and xFi Complete customers get an xFi Pod included for free. You’d pay $30 a month to add unlimited data a la carte and miss out on a free WiFi extender. Taking advantage of this deal will save you $300 and allow you to test whether xFi Complete is a service you need.
Xfinity Bundle Deals
Xfinity has multiple ways to bundle their plans with cable TV, home phone, and two levels of home security. Plans vary significantly depending on your location, but you will generally see the below options in most areas.
|Choice TV Select Double Play||$44.99-$60||
|X1 Saver Pro+ Double Play||$79.99||
|X1 Starter Pro+ Double Play||$90-$94.99||
|X1 Preferred Pro+ Double Play||$104.99||
|X1 Premier Pro+||$129.99||
Arguably, the best bundle deals are in the X1 Premier Pro+ packages if you’re an avid HBO Max or Netflix watcher. However, if budget is more important to you, the X1 Saver Pro+ and Start Pro+ plans offer enough speed for at least five people while also having a wide variety of channels that can satisfy any viewer for less than $100 a month.
If you’re looking for a triple play deal including home phone or home security service, expect to pay about $20 more than the prices listed above. Keep in mind, Xfinity’s home security bundles are only available with plans that have up to 600-plus Mbps.
How to Lower Your Xfinity Bill
In summary, Xfinity’s pricing is low compared to other internet providers. However, you have to be savvy about the fees to actually get the low pricing.
- Purchase your own router – Xfinity is one of the rare companies that allows you to purchase your own router. This can be a double-edged sword. While you do get the freedom of not paying a monthly fee, if something goes wrong with your connection, you are on your own. Xfinity will be unable to troubleshoot any connection issues. This is one benefit of using an Xfinity router. By paying their $14 per month fee, you get the luxury of servicing should anything go wrong with the device or your connection.
- Sign a one- or two-year contract – Contracts can make you nervous. No one knows what the future will hold. When you see a low price, you may want to take advantage of it. Internet service is one of those ‘buy it and leave it alone’ services. We turn it on and use it without thinking about it. After we pay the bill, life goes on, especially when we are happy with the service. Having a great price for service makes us comfortable, especially for two years.
- Avoid add-on services – If you have services that are external to your internet service, such as security systems like ADT, Google Nest, or SimpliSafe, you may not need the additional Xfinity Home Security service. It’s better to skip adding more to your plan and save your money instead.
- Only purchase TV if you watch it daily – This has been one of the biggest upsells that is hard to say ‘no’ to. But it is becoming easier to overcome. Why? It’s because of streaming. Xfinity makes it better with Peacock. You get it free with your standard subscription. Now, unless you are a television buff and need a specific station to watch every day, then uncheck the box to subscribe to the upgraded television service and save yourself the money.