Internet Only Plans
Below are the latest internet only deals HughesNet is offering.
$64.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet25 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$74.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet25 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$109.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet25 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
$159.99/moat promo rateSpeeds may varyInternet25 MbpsDownload3 MbpsUpload
Best HughesNet Deals Right Now
HughesNet satellite internet is one of the best internet providers for those living in rural areas who may not have access to faster internet connections. Though satellite internet is not the fastest, HughesNet internet offers plenty of incentives to choose its service. The best deals right now include:
- $20 off your monthly bill for the first six months of service on 15-75 GB plans plus 50 percent more data for the same price
- Free installation when you lease HughesNet satellite equipment, or a $100 credit when you purchase required equipment
- $5 off per month on your equipment lease fee
- Six months of Norton 360 Deluxe for free (on five devices)
HughesNet Internet-Only Deals
Typically, acquiring satellite internet is expensive due to installation costs. Fortunately, this is not an issue with HughesNet. All HughesNet internet-only plans come with free home installation if you choose to lease their equipment, regardless of your location.
As one of the largest providers of satellite internet in the United States, HughesNet charges some of the lowest monthly premiums on the market, especially for customers signing a long-term contract. All the internet-only plans have the same stipulations. The promotional rates last for the first six months of the contract, after which time the standard rate applies. To qualify for the promotional rate, you must sign a two-year contract.
While the satellite internet data caps may seem rather limiting, HughesNet does offer an additional 50 GB of free data usage per month during non-peak hours (2 a.m. – 8 a.m.). Fortunately, you will not be charged a fee if you go over your data cap, but your download speeds will be throttled to around 3 Mbps. If you wish to regain your standard speeds after going over your data limit, you can purchase “Data Tokens,” which cost roughly $3 per GB.
HughesNet Internet Fees
HughesNet customers are subject to several fees. However, many of them area avoidable by keeping an eye on your account:
- Early Termination Fee (ETF): HughesNet requires contracts on all plans, which means you could pay up to $400 in ETFs if you stop your service early.
- Installation Fee: Right now, HughesNet is waiving the standard $99 installation fee for new customers.
- Equipment Lease Fee: The typical monthly lease fee for equipment is $14.99. Currently, HughesNet is offering $5 off, reducing the monthly lease fee to $9.99. If you choose to purchase your equipment instead of leasing, you’ll pay $349.98 ($100 less than the standard $449.98 cost).
The following table outlines HughesNet’s equipment purchase options:
|HughesNet Sign-up Costs||Buy||Lease|
|Equipment Fee (Satellite Antenna and Modem)||$349.98||$9.99 per month|
|Lease Setup Fee||N/A||$99 one-time fee|
HughesNet does require contracts on their plans, which means you could end up paying an ETF. The max amount you’ll ever have to pay in ETFs for HughesNet is $400.
HughesNet Internet and Voice Bundles
When it comes to bundles, HughesNet offers its home phone Voice of Internet Protocol (VoIP) – HughesNet Voice – with any internet plan. This plan is an additional cost of $19.95 per month for the first six months.
HughesNet Internet Discounts
HughesNet participates in the federal Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), which provides up to a $30 monthly discount on internet service for qualifying low-income subscribers. Best of all, it comes with no contract or credit check requirement.
How to Get the Best Deal on HughesNet Internet
Purchasing internet service doesn’t have to be expensive. Follow these steps to get the best deal with HughesNet:
- Purchase your satellite equipment. While leasing your satellite equipment may seem cheaper at first, it can cost you big time over the years. Buy your equipment directly from HughesNet and own it for life.
- Pick the contract that matches your situation. Don’t sign up for a three-year contract with HughesNet if you’re not sure about your living situation. Opt for the shorter two-year contract to ensure you don’t get hit by an ETF.
- Use your data sparingly. With HughesNet, it’s all about the data caps. Get the most out of your service by determining what you do that uses the most data and aim to limit those activities during peak HughesNet hours.