Triple Play Bundles
The deals listed below include TV, Internet, and Phone service. Generally Spectrum offers the best promotions and discounts on these plans.
Triple Play Select200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$102.97/mo at promo rate
Triple Play Silver200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$132.97/mo at promo rate
Triple Play Gold200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$152.97/mo at promo rate
TV & Internet Bundles
The bundles listed below include TV + Internet access and can be a good value if you want traditional TV service.
Double Play Select200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$89.98/mo at promo rate
Double Play Silver200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$119.98/mo at promo rate
Double Play Gold200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$139.98/mo at promo rate
Internet Only Plans
If you are considering an internet-only plan, be sure to compare with the bundle deals above. Sometimes Spectrum offers TV or Phone service for just a few dollars more than stand-alone internet.
Spectrum Internet®200 Mbps MbpsDownload10 Mbps MbpsUpload$49.99/mo at promo rate
Spectrum Internet® Ultra400 Mbps MbpsDownload20 Mbps MbpsUpload$69.99/mo at promo rate
Spectrum Internet® Gig1000 Mbps MbpsDownload35 Mbps MbpsUpload$109.99/mo at promo rate
Spectrum Internet Plans and Pricing Summary
|Plan name||Download speed||Monthly start price|
|Spectrum Internet®||200 Mbps||$50/mo|
|Spectrum Internet® Ultra||400 Mbps||$70/mo|
|Spectrum Internet® Gig||1000 Mbps||$110/mo|
Overview of Spectrum Deals
Spectrum InternetⓇ plans are deals in themselves. Rather than offer common perks like a free streaming service subscription or device, Spectrum plans include highly-favored features such as:
- A contract buyout program
- No data caps
- No contracts
- No early termination fees (ETFs)
- 30-day, money-back guarantee
- Access to thousands of hotspots nationwide
While a free streaming service or smart home device is a great offer, it’s not the same as having clear-cut prices, unlimited data, and the option to “test-drive” a provider without ever having to sign a contract. Unlike most providers who change their deals every month or so, Spectrum’s plans are the same year-round.
Spectrum sometimes runs promotions offering to “buy out” existing contracts you might have with another Internet or cable provider if you switch to one of their Internet deals. If you have a contract with fees to cancel, call Spectrum and ask if this promotion is available in your area.
As one of the largest Internet providers in the U.S., Spectrum ensures the Internet is affordable to all who qualify for the Spectrum Internet Assist program, including K-12 students, low-income households, and those ages 65 and up. The program offers speeds up to 30 Mbps (wireless speeds may vary), a free modem, and like other Spectrum Internet plans, no data caps or contracts.
Spectrum Internet-Only Deals
The Spectrum Internet plan is Spectrum’s best deal for an Internet-only plan — it’s one of the cheapest Internet plans in the U.S. There are few Internet providers offering a plan with:
- Speeds up to 200 Mbps (wireless speeds may vary) for $50 a month
- No equipment fees
- Free digital security (the Spectrum Security Suite)
The Spectrum Security Suite is worth $89.99 a year for its antivirus features alone if you were to purchase it from McAfee instead. McAfee powers the Spectrum Security Suite, giving you access to features such as parental controls, malware detection and removal, and browsing protection that’s applicable to up to 10 computers.
If you need more than 200 Mbps (wireless speeds may vary), don’t worry. These features are included with all Spectrum Internet plans, whether standalone Internet service or bundled with TV and/or phone.
Spectrum Bundle Deals
Plans like Spectrum’s Double Play Silver make it hard for traditional TV service to disappear. Primetime TV fans and sports fans stand to get the most value from the Double Play Silver plan with channels such as HBO, Showtime, MLB and NFL Networks, FOX Sports, CBS Sports Network, and more. However, you can also satisfy the entertainment wants of an entire family with the wide variety of channels Spectrum offers.
Like Spectrum’s Internet, Spectrum’s TV service is available on the go with the Spectrum TV app and online. You also get the same features included in Spectrum’s Internet plans when you bundle with TV and/or phone. You can add a home phone to any plan for $12.99 a month.
How to Get a Better Deal on Charter Spectrum Plans
Here are some general guidelines to keep in mind when comparing Spectrum Internet deals:
- Consider bundled services. Oftentimes the price of bundled services is only moderately more expensive than one of the options on their own. Choosing a combined TV and Internet service will often save you money — if you watch a lot of TV.
- Double-check Spectrum plan pricing. While Spectrum is generally straightforward and transparent with their pricing, some of the advertised prices are only applicable to Spectrum’s bundle TV deals.
- Be aware of promotional rates. Spectrum generally gives new customers a “promotional rate” that disappears after the first year of Internet service. After that, the price commonly raises 10-40 percent.
- Know how much speed you need. It can be tempting to opt for the fastest speed, but it’s important to take a look at your Internet usage. You can often save a lot of money by going for a lower-tier plan if your usage is “average” rather than “heavy.” Our bandwidth calculator tool can identify how much speed you need based on your Internet usage and how many devices are connected to your network.
- Buy your own wireless router. If you think you’ll stay with Spectrum for more than a year, purchasing a wireless router will save you money. Spectrum doesn’t charge an equipment fee; however, you will pay a $5 a month fee for WiFi. While the fee is low, it adds up to $60 a year. You can purchase a wireless router for less than $60, but be prepared to pay $60-$80. You’ll see the savings after your first 12-16 months with Spectrum. Purchasing your own router will also help you avoid the one-time, $9.99 WiFi activation fee.
- Opt for self-installation. Spectrum’s self-installation fee is $30 less than their professional installation fee. Whether you purchase Internet service or a bundle, Spectrum includes step-by-step instructions on how to self-install and video instructions via the Spectrum YouTube channel.
- Use the Spectrum TV app. If you decide to bundle, one of the best ways to save money is to keep the number of cable boxes to a minimum. If you have a smart TV or streaming device like Roku or an Apple TV that can download apps, download the Spectrum TV app to watch live and on-demand TV without paying an extra $7.99-$9.99 a month for a receiver or DVR. If you don’t have a smart TV or streaming device, you’d be better off purchasing a streaming device for a one-time fee of $30-$40. You’d save money after 3-4 months of having Spectrum TV.