Internet Providers in Sterling, MI
Only showing providers serving 48659
Residential Internet Statistics for Sterling, MI
|Internet Service Providers:||9|
|Plans Start From:||$44.95|
|Top Download Speed:||1 Gbps|
|Fastest Connection Type:||Fiber|
Top Internet Providers in 48659:
Showing 1 to 11 Providers
Looking for internet plans in your area?
Internet Access in Sterling, Michigan
The average download speed in Sterling is 35.51 Mbps. This is 77.9% slower than the average in Michigan and 219.4% slower than the national average.
- There are 13 internet providers in Sterling with 11 of those offering residential service
- Sterling is the 394th most connected city in Michigan ahead of Pinconning, but behind Standish, Au Gres, Alger, and Prescott.
- Residential fiber service is available to 29% of people living in Sterling.
- The average internet download speed in Michigan is 160.6 mbps.
- 91.0% of Michiganders have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Approximately 1,000 people in Arenac County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Michigan is the 34th most connected state in the U.S.
- In Arenac County, approximately 5,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Sterling, Michigan
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Vogtmann Engineering||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s||27.9%|
|Vogtmann Engineering||200 Mbps||Cable||40s||14.4%|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|Agri-Valley Services||25 Mbps||DSL||5m 27s||26.2%|
|Frontier Communications||-- Mbps||DSL||--||65.9%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
64.6% of consumers in Sterling1,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.