Internet Providers in Anaheim, CA
Residential Internet Statistics for Anaheim, CA
|Internet Service Providers:||6|
|Plans Start From:||$49.99|
|Top Download Speed:||5 Gbps|
|Fastest Connection Type:||Fiber|
Top Internet Providers in Anaheim, California:
Showing 1 to 8 Providers
If you’re a local in Anaheim, California, in search of a new internet provider, or you’re a new resident who has yet to sign up with one, this comprehensive Internet Buyer’s Guide will detail everything you need to know. Pricing, coverage, speeds—these are crucial factors when determining which internet plan is ideal as a resident or business owner.
Residential Internet Providers in Anaheim, CA
The table below summarizes Anaheim internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|Spectrum||$49.99/mo.||200-1000 Mbps||Cable||100% Cable|
|AT&T Internet||$55/mo.||100-5000 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||95% IPBB and Fiber|
|Verizon||$50/mo.||300-1000 Mbps||5G Internet||90% 5G Internet|
|Viasat Internet||$49.99/mo.||12-50 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
|HughesNet||$64.99/mo.||25 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
Fastest Internet Providers in Anaheim, CA
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|AT&T Internet||5000 Mbps||$55-180/mo.|
|T-Mobile 5G Home Internet||182 Mbps||$50+/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Anaheim residents.
What type of internet is available in Anaheim?
Internet types available in Anaheim are DSL, Cable, Fiber-Optic, and Satellite. These options provide a wider breadth in choosing an internet provider that’s suitable for your needs.
- DSL: As one of the primary and most affordable types of internet in Anaheim, DSL pairs well with users who browse the internet casually. DSL creates high-bandwidth network connections via telephone lines.
- Cable: With the widest broadband coverage available for Anaheim residents, cable internet runs on the same line as cable television. With faster speeds than DSL, cable is ideal for heavier internet users.
- Fiber-Optic: Considered as the fastest broadband network, fiber-optic operates through thin glass wires inside a larger protective cable and transfers data via light signals. For large households or hotels surrounding Disneyland in Anaheim, fiber-optic internet provides high speeds among a large number of users.
- 5G Home Internet: This type of internet is totally wireless. The speedy 5G standard makes this connection type a true competitor to its wired counterparts.
- Satellite: Anaheim residents or business owners who are out of broadband range will find satellite internet as their best option. A dish installed on your roof or balcony transfers satellite data at reliable speeds.
Depending on coverage availability and your location in Anaheim, not all internet types are available in your area.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Anaheim?
In Anaheim, there are 23 internet providers broken down into 4 residential providers and 19 business providers, all offering various download speeds, prices, and coverage. Spectrum, AT&T Internet and AT&T Fiber offer some of the lowest-priced internet plans in Anaheim.
Cheapest internet in Anaheim
- Spectrum—$49.99/mo. for up to 200 Mbps *
- Viasat Internet—$49.99/mo. for up to 12 Mbps *
- T-Mobile 5G Home Internet—$50/mo. for up to 182 Mbps *
- Verizon—$50/mo. for up to 300 Mbps *
- AT&T Internet—$55/mo. for up to 100 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Anaheim?
Anaheim is the epicenter for tourist attractions, making it one of the most populous cities in Orange County. Fast internet speeds matched with affordable prices are ideal for business owners operating hotels that surround Disneyland Resort, as well as large families that reside outside of the amusement park area. Consider the internet needs of your household or business before deciding on the most reasonable plan.
Download speeds of at least 25 Mbps allow basic internet use such as browsing the web or streaming videos on one device, and are ideal for a household of 1-2 people. For competitive gamers, heavy streamers, and larger households, minimum speeds up to 100 Mbps is needed. Higher speeds provide higher resolution and low lag in online gaming and other online activities by power internet users.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Anaheim that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Anaheim|
How do I find the fastest internet in Anaheim?
With download speeds up to 5000 Mbps, internet providers that offer the fastest internet in Anaheim are currently AT&T Fiber and Spectrum. Anaheim has limited coverage for fiber internet, so check to see if it’s available in your area.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Anaheim?
Bundling TV and/or phone service with your internet plan often comes with benefits. Spectrum, AT&T Internet, and T-Mobile 5G Home Internet are some of the most popular internet providers in Anaheim by coverage area that offer bundled options. Before committing to a bundle, discern whether or not you need an internet-only plan as a resident or business owner.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Anaheim
|Internet Providers in Anaheim||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|Spectrum||Internet + Phone + TV||$84.98-114.97/mo.|
|AT&T Internet||Internet + TV||$129.99-154.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Anaheim?
Several aspects of searching for the ideal internet provider in Anaheim include but are not limited to: price, speed, data caps, and contracts. While the process can be overwhelming for first-timers—or even for those who haven’t switched internet providers in a long time—the following points will help the process run smoother.
- Price: New apartment complexes have sprouted in Anaheim, welcoming young families and new homeowners. If you fall under one of these categories, consider how much you’re willing to carve out of your monthly or yearly budget to provide broadband services for the rest of the household.
- Speed: As more tourists flock to Disneyland Resort or Anaheim’s historic areas, high speeds are essential for business owners to meet the needs of their growing number of guests. Spectrum Business and AT&T (DSL) are the two largest business providers in Anaheim by coverage area.
- Data Caps: If your household uses a lot of data, then an internet plan with no data cap is most suitable for you. If you’re unsure, track how much data your household or business uses every month to determine if you need to upgrade to an unlimited plan or keep your current one with data caps.
- Contracts: Depending on how long you intend to reside in Anaheim, you may find yourself committed to a year-long contract, which is common among the internet providers in the area. If you’re a short-term resident, then internet providers who offer contract-free plans, like Spectrum, are ideal.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Anaheim?
Anaheim attracts tourists and, as a result, opens up many doors for new business owners to provide hospitality services in the area. Residents who move in from bordering cities where rent is higher may find Anaheim more budget-friendly. No matter who you are, you’ll want to keep several factors in mind when it comes to choosing a different internet provider than your current one.
Before moving, make sure to contact your current provider to see if they service your new residence in Anaheim—only if you are satisfied with their services. Then learn how your plan may be transferable. If you would like to turn over a new leaf, be wary of early termination fees as outlined in the fine print of the contract that you signed at the start of your term.
When you encounter early termination fees, you may face large sums of required payment before you can officially cut ties with your internet provider. In Anaheim, early termination fees generally range from $0. Before you sign a contract, make sure to locate these fees in the fine print along with any penalties.
Most internet providers in Anaheim require a contract of . If you prefer to opt out of these contracts, then Spectrum and AT&T Internet offer contract-free internet plans. The general rule before you make the switch to another internet provider is to conduct research so that you can avoid breaching the contract and facing early termination fees.
Installation Fees in Anaheim
Self-installation and professional installation are the two options available for new customers, though depending on the plan or promotion, you may or may not face installation fees. In Anaheim, professional installation fees can range from $0 to $99. Always be sure to check with your internet provider to inquire about which installation process is available to you and if the fees may be waived based on your plan or bundle.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Anaheim?
Depending on the size of your household or the amount of download files and streaming services used within businesses, choosing an internet plan with high or unlimited data caps is a good option. Anaheim internet providers like Spectrum and AT&T Internet offer plans with no data caps, while T-Mobile 5G Home Internet and AT&T Fiber have a 1 TB data cap with some of their plans.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Anaheim?
Many areas in Anaheim have 3-4 internet providers available to them, such as the colony district in between Santa Ana Street and South Street, the neighborhoods around the Anaheim Packing District, and West Anaheim. Residents often opt for cable or DSL internet with Spectrum and AT&T Internet, as they are the leading internet providers in Anaheim according to coverage availability.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Anaheim, California
Home to multiple historical sites, budding businesses, and the “Happiest Place on Earth,” Anaheim is the 100th most connected city in California, taking the lead among other cities like ahead of Santa Ana, Fullerton, Placentia, and Villa Park. The average download speed in Anaheim is 136.9 Mbps. Currently, 92805 is the zip code with the fastest download speed in the city. Homes within the two-mile radius of West Coast University have two options for internet connection. Despite the wide coverage of 3-4 internet providers in various Anaheim neighborhoods, 9,000 still only have access to one wired provider or do not have access to any broadband connections.
Internet Provider Store Locations in Anaheim
2.7% of consumers in Anaheim9,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
The “Connected” metric is a citywide average based on FCC data showing the density of broadband options at the census block level.
Fiber coverage data is sourced from FCC Form 477 filings and cross-validated through BroadbandNow with private datasets and direct provider reporting.
This coverage statistic is based on a mix of FCC and private provider reporting in the past two quarters.
25 Mbps download and 3 Mbps upload is the minimum speed for an Internet connection to be classified as “Broadband” by the FCC.
Map of ISPs in Anaheim
Frequently Asked Questions About Internet in Anaheim, California
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.