If you are looking to find a list of internet providers for Arlington, Texas, then you have arrived at the right place. This guide will give you a rundown on providers in the area, with speed and price comparisons so you can find the plan that is best for your budget and needs.
Residential Internet Providers in Arlington, TX
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|Spectrum||$49.99/mo.||200-1000 Mbps||Cable||100% Cable|
|EarthLink||$49.95/mo.||7-1000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||99% DSL and Fiber|
|AT&T Internet||$35/mo.||100-940 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||99% IPBB and Fiber|
|T-Mobile Home Internet||$50/mo.||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||3% Fixed Wireless|
The table above summarizes Arlington internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Arlington, TX
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|AT&T Internet||940 Mbps||$35-60/mo.|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||$49.99-149.99/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Arlington residents.
What type of internet is available in Arlington?
In the heart of the mid-cities, Arlington offers a broad range of internet types to choose from.
- DSL: Usually the cheapest connection type, DSL internet travels over traditional phone lines.
- Cable: In Arlington, cable is the most common form of broadband internet. This type of service travels over the same lines as your TV service. Speeds for cable internet are significantly faster than DSL.
- Fiber-Optic: Fiber internet uses light that travels along thin strands of glass to deliver data. This is the fastest form of internet available in Arlington, but it is only offered in select areas.
- Fixed Wireless: Fixed wireless is a form of internet that is provided over radio waves. This service is available in all areas of Arlington, offering speeds comparable to DSL.
- Satellite: This is an option when other wired internet types are not available. It travels from satellites in orbit down to a dish that is mounted on your roof or apartment balcony. Satellite internet is great for rural customers, but it can be negatively affected by weather conditions.
Not all areas of Arlington have access to all forms of internet listed above. Please contact the provider to see what is available in the area of the city you are living.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Arlington?
Arlington currently has 15 residential providers and 27 business providers. All of them have a varying range of download speeds and prices. Some of the lowest priced plans are provided by Rise Broadband, AT&T Fiber and AT&T Internet with speeds ranging from 3-100Mbps.
Cheapest internet in Arlington
- Rise Broadband—$34.95/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
- AT&T Internet—$35/mo. for up to 300 Mbps *
- EarthLink—$49.95/mo. for up to 50 Mbps *
- Nextlink Internet—$49.95/mo. for up to 15 Mbps *
- Spectrum—$49.99/mo. for up to 200 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Arlington?
Arlington is the largest of the mid-cities, home to many residential and business customers, along with the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers professional sports teams. Most customers in this area are looking for the fastest speeds at the lowest prices possible.
If you are a light internet user, such as checking email and browsing websites you are going to need at least 25 Mbps of download speed. If you are a gamer or someone that watches a lot of streaming content, such as Netflix or Hulu, a 100 Mbps plan is going to be the level of speed you will want. Known as gigabit internet, 1000 Mbps is best for business users and large households of heavy internet users. A lot of this will depend on the number of devices you use at once and the type of internet usage.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Arlington that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Arlington|
How do I find the fastest internet in Arlington?
The fastest internet supplied in Arlington is provided by Spectrum and EarthLink Fiber, with speeds up to 1000 Mbps. Both are fiber-optic plans, so check with the provider to see if fiber service is offered in your area.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Arlington?
Bundling TV and phone service with internet can offer consumers and business owners a way to save significantly on all three services. Each company may offer different perks and conditions of service, so it is a good idea to check with them all before committing to a bundle. Currently in Arlington, a few of the providers that offer bundles are Spectrum and AT&T Internet.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Arlington
|Internet Providers in Arlington||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|Spectrum||Internet + Phone + TV||$89.98-152.97/mo.|
|AT&T Internet||Internet + TV||$109.99-129.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Arlington?
When trying to find the right internet service for you, there are several factors you will want to consider before signing on the dotted line of a contract.
- Price: How much are you willing to pay per month for service? This is something to consider whether you are recently retired, a student at UTA, or a working professional.
- Speed: If you live on or near the campus of UTA, or near one of the two major professional sports venues, you will need to take speed into consideration for your home and/or business.
- Data Caps: How much data do you think you will need per month? In Arlington, virtually all providers of internet service, with a few exceptions, have no data caps.
- Contracts: Most internet providers have contracts ranging anywhere from 1-2 years in length. If you are unsure how long you are going to be living in the area, this is an important consideration.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Arlington?
If you are moving to Arlington to attend school off Cooper Street, or looking to work in the professional sector located off 360 and I-30, you will want to consider a few key things when leaving your current internet provider for another.
Your current provider could also offer service and the same plans in Arlington. Check with them to be sure what your options are, as you may be able to simply transfer service. However, if they do not offer service or you are not happy with the provider, you should be prepared to pay some early termination fees.
Early termination fees can be significant, and Arlington currently has early termination fees ranging from $0-400. These fees are incurred when you break a long-term contract early. Shop around and be sure you are well aware of the cost of terminating service. In some cases, internet providers will pay for your early termination fees in order to get your business, so it is important to check all your available options.
Contracts are important to consider when choosing a new provider. In Arlington, you’ll find that contracts range in length from 1-2 years. A few providers like Rise Broadband also offer month-to-month options. If you don’t plan to stay in Arlington long term you’ll want to choose a plan without a contract to avoid early termination fees
Installation Fees in Arlington
Installation fees are usually standard with many internet providers, and Arlington is no exception. Some plans offer either self installation or professional installation, and the costs vary with each. Arlington professional installation fees range from $0 to $99. Many providers in this city will waive installation fees if you bundle services, so shop around to see all the options available to you.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Arlington?
Arlington is a large, spread out city, with many different industries, including manufacturing, professional services, and institutions of higher learning. How much data you will need for your home or business is going to come down to what type of activity you are engaging in online.
If you are an avid online gamer, a university student, or a business with more than 5 employees, you will want to look for data plans that have high or no data caps. In this city, with just a few exceptions, most of the major providers like Viasat Internet and Spectrum offer service with unlimited data.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Arlington?
In the city of Arlington, residential and business customers generally have 3 internet providers to choose from. The most-connected neighborhoods that have 5 providers or more are in the East Arlington area, just west of Highway 360. Dalworthington Gardens and North Arlington also have neighborhoods with at least 4-5 providers.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Arlington, Texas
Home to the General Motors Assembly Plant and the University of Texas at Arlington, a major urban research university, Arlington is the 159th most-connected city in the state of Texas ahead of Bedford and Hurst. Over a quarter of the people living in the city have access to residential fiber internet, and at least 99 percent of Arlington is serviced by multiple wired providers. Only 2,000 people do not have access to more than one wired internet provider. Arlington also offers public internet options, with seven libraries and public institutions that have access points.