How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Sacramento, California
Only showing providers serving 95835
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 95835:
Showing 1 to 9 Providers
Internet Access in Sacramento, California
The average download speed in Sacramento is 133.8 Mbps. This is 353.9% faster than the average in California and 23.1% faster than the national average.
- There are 31 internet providers in Sacramento with 9 of those offering residential service
- Sacramento is the 238th most connected city in California ahead of Mather, Carmichael, North Highlands, and Rio Linda, but behind West Sacramento.
- 95.9% of Californians have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- There are 26 companies offering business internet services in Sacramento.
- California is the 14th most connected state in the U.S.
- Approximately 9,000 people in Sacramento County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The average internet download speed in California is 29.48 mbps.
- Approximately 98% of Sacramento residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- The fastest zip code in Sacramento for July 2021 is 95826. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.2% of consumers in Sacramento16,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Sacramento, California
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||99.7%|
|AT&T Internet||940 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||8s||95.8%|
|EarthLink||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||96.0%|
|Consolidated Smart Broadband Systems||500 Mbps||Cable||16s||1.8%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||27.4%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Sacramento
Been pretty reliable.
Good company, slow speeds.
Now I am just a renter and this internet is provided by the landlord, the landlord also has his own custom router installed so this could be attributed to the problem with the slow speeds. I have dealt with 3 blackouts in the last year that would range from 2 days (which was at the start of COVID) to about 30 minutes. Their Customer Service is fantastic, well-informed people who are kind and patient. I do not know my speeds because of my landlord but I have about a 10ms ping slower than my mates to the same servers when we live a block away from each other. I get a usable 2-16mbps down depending on the time of day, and a consistent 20mbps up. Great for upstreaming video when I am hosting video tutoring sessions and uploading recordings online, not so great if I need to download files.