Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Carol Stream, Illinois
Internet Access in Carol Stream, Illinois
The average download speed in Carol Stream is 148.21 Mbps. This is 16.6% faster than the average in Illinois and 37.0% faster than the national average.
- There are 20 internet providers in Carol Stream with 11 of those offering residential service
- Carol Stream is the 128th most connected city in Illinois ahead of Bloomingdale, Winfield, Bartlett, and Hanover Park, but behind Glendale Heights.
- 93.7% of Illinoisans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 14% of DuPage County residents.
- Approximately 97% of Carol Stream residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Almost 95% of consumers in Illinois have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- In DuPage County, approximately 3,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- The average internet download speed in Illinois is 127.15 mbps.
- The fastest zip code in Carol Stream for April 2021 is 60188. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
3.5% of consumers in Carol Stream1,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Carol Stream, Illinois
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|EarthLink Fiber||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|AT&T Fiber||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||IPBB||1m 21s|
|EarthLink||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||Satellite||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Carol Stream, Illinois
- EarthLink - - 96.5% Availability in Carol Stream - 100
- AT&T Internet - - 96.5% Availability in Carol Stream - 100
- Xfinity - - 99.8% Availability in Carol Stream - 1,200
- Metronet - - 11.2% Availability in Carol Stream - 1,000
- AT&T Fiber - - 10.3% Availability in Carol Stream - 940
- EarthLink - - 10.3% Availability in Carol Stream - 1,000
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Carol Stream - 50
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Carol Stream - 25
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Addison, IL
- Bartlett, IL
- Bloomingdale, IL
- Elk Grove Village, IL
- Elmhurst, IL
- Glen Ellyn, IL
- Glendale Heights, IL
- Hanover Park, IL
- Lisle, IL
- Lombard, IL
- Medinah, IL
- Roselle, IL
- Saint Charles, IL
- Schaumburg, IL
- Streamwood, IL
- Villa Park, IL
- Warrenville, IL
- Wayne, IL
- West Chicago, IL
- Wheaton, IL
- Winfield, IL
- Wood Dale, IL
Summary Of Internet Providers In Carol Stream
|AT&T Internet||IPBB||96.5%+||100 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||99.8%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Future Link IT||Fixed Wireless||85.3%+||6 Mbps|
|Blast Communications||Fixed Wireless||64.9%+||6 Mbps|
|E-Vergent Wireless||Fixed Wireless||16.0%+||65 Mbps|
|AT&T Fiber||Fiber||10.3%+||940 Mbps|
|EarthLink Fiber||Fiber||10.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||50 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|E-Vergent Wireless||Fixed Wireless||34.0%+||65 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||15.2%+||4.0 Mbps|
|First Communications||Copper||13.6%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||12.4%+||50 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Copper||6.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Call One||Copper||3.2%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Access One Inc||Copper||2.3%+||3.0 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Carol Stream
Awesome Tech Service
During this difficult time with the COVID 19 pandemic, my service started lacking in quality. It is very important that I have wifi for my daughter's education as e-learning is now essential to her growth in education. I set many times for a tech to come to our home and fix the problem but kept rescheduling time and dates because I was worried about compromising the health of my family and young children. But eventually had no other choice. Tech showed up very promptly on time checking everything outside with my husband and explaining everything! When he said he needed to come to the house and check our modem, we were hesitant but offered him a mask and gloves. He very politely informed us he had some and went to his van and geared up. Upon entering my home he said "sorry, I'll be right back" and return quickly with booties to put over his boots. Very much appreciated considering my daughter crawls all over the floor and puts everything in her mouth! After going inside and working his magic, he also engaged with my young child and was very patient when my husband had to step away for a moment. After installing our new modem, he took the time to explain things to us and was very informative and helpful! I recommend this tech to anyone that's having doubts during this hard time! He is 100% safe, professional, and informative.