How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Baltimore, Maryland
Only showing providers serving 21216
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 21216:
Showing 1 to 5 Providers
Internet Access in Baltimore, Maryland
The average download speed in Baltimore is 162.52 Mbps. This is 21.2% slower than the average in Maryland and 36.7% faster than the national average.
- There are 23 internet providers in Baltimore with 5 of those offering residential service
- Baltimore is the 34th most connected city in Maryland ahead of Towson, Parkville, Brooklyn, and Gwynn Oak, but behind Rosedale.
- Maryland is the 11th most connected state in the U.S.
- Approximately 6,000 people in Baltimore City County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The average internet download speed in Maryland is 206.12 mbps.
- Almost 97% of consumers in Maryland have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- In Baltimore City County, approximately 15,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Fiber optic internet is available to just 2% of Baltimore City County residents.
- Explore internet access for communities within Baltimore: Mount Washington, Franklin, Arlington, Highlandtown, and Roland Park
- The fastest zip code in Baltimore for July 2021 is 21217. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
3.1% of consumers in Baltimore19,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Baltimore, Maryland
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||99.6%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Towson, MD
- Brooklyn, MD
- Gwynn Oak, MD
- Rosedale, MD
- Parkville, MD
- Dundalk, MD
- Curtis Bay, MD
- Linthicum Heights, MD
- Catonsville, MD
- Pikesville, MD
- Halethorpe, MD
- Nottingham, MD
- Essex, MD
- Lutherville Timonium, MD
- Windsor Mill, MD
- Glen Burnie, MD
- Middle River, MD
- Hanover, MD
- Perry Hall, MD
- White Marsh, MD
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Baltimore
Good customer service
I went to the Xfinity site at the Rotunda in Baltimore, MD. I had an excellent experience. I want to thank the rep for his help, he answered all my questions, set up my phone, made sure all my information downloaded. He was pleasant and the customer service was awesome.
Exactly as Described
I've been using their 10/5 service for almost four years and it has been exactly what I expected. They provide a reliable 10/5 connection for the price we agreed too. I've used a speed test many times and it is almost always is as advertised. Their support has been top-notch. They are a little expensive, but it's understandable given the technology employed. Overall - very satisfied.
It works, mostly
Most of the time it works well. I haven't really tested the download speed, so I'm not sure if we're getting what they promise. We have occasional times where the video streaming gets hung up. They did just raise the rates on us, I'm not sure what their excuse for that was.