Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Salem, Oregon
Internet Access in Salem, Oregon
The average download speed in Salem is 116.36 Mbps. This is 25.2% faster than the average in Oregon and 19.8% faster than the national average.
- There are 21 internet providers in Salem with 14 of those offering residential service
- Salem is the 28th most connected city in Oregon ahead of Aumsville, Gervais, Turner, Independence, and Jefferson.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 29% of Marion County residents.
- Approximately 94% of Salem residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Residential fiber service is available to only 18% of people living in Salem.
- 6% of Salem residents are still severely limited in wired broadband choices.
- Almost 93% of consumers in Oregon have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- In Marion County, approximately 16,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Explore internet access for communities within Salem: Brooks and Keizer
- The fastest zip code in Salem for April 2021 is 97301. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
5.8% of consumers in Salem14,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Salem, Oregon
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Wave Broadband||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Wave G||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Datavision Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Ziply Fiber||24 Mbps||DSL||5m 41s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Salem, Oregon
- CenturyLink - - 99.5% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 140 Mbps
- Xfinity - - 98.8% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- CenturyLink - - 46.7% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Wave - - 31.9% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Wave G - - 13.0% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Ziply Fiber - - 4.7% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 24 Mbps
- Datavision - - 2.3% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- FTX - - 2.0% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Salem - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Salem
|Viser||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|OnlineNW||Fixed Wireless||100%||11 Mbps|
|PEAK Internet||Fixed Wireless||100%||30 Mbps|
|Alyrica Networks, Inc.||Fixed Wireless||100%||40 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||98.8%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Wave Broadband||Cable||31.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Wave G||Fiber||13.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ziply Fiber||DSL||4.7%+||24 Mbps|
|Datavision Communications||Fiber||2.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL||100%||140 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||56.6%+||940 Mbps|
|PEAK Internet||Fixed Wireless||100%||12 Mbps|
|WiLine Networks||Fixed Wireless||100%||10 Mbps|
|OnlineNW||Fixed Wireless||100%||11 Mbps|
|Wave Business||Cable||71.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Datavision Communications||Fiber||36.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Wave Business||Fiber||24.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ziply Fiber||DSL||17.8%+||24 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||1.3%+||-- Mbps|
|Silver Star Telecom||Copper||0.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Salem
Excellent service for a high speed connection
Wave has been excellent service at a fantastic price for a high-speed connection. We have had maybe 3 loss of service in 14 months that lasted for maybe an hour.
Comcast's Internet service meets my expectations, but their X1 services leave me feeling discontent about their services overall.
Contrary opinion: Comcast is good
It may be a regional thing, but around here Comcast is good. I have always had courteous and helpful contacts with customer service, good experiences with appointments and installs. I am a Triple Play customer and I feel it is price competitive to other customers. Rarely (almost never) goes down.