Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in San Antonio, Texas
Internet Access in San Antonio, Texas
The average download speed in San Antonio is 145.25 Mbps. This is 9.2% faster than the average in Texas and 35.7% faster than the national average.
- There are 47 internet providers in San Antonio with 27 of those offering residential service
- San Antonio is the 12th most connected city in Texas ahead of Von Ormy, Converse, Universal City, Helotes, and Lackland A F B.
- Texas is the 32nd most connected state in the U.S.
- 98% of residents in Bexar County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- The average internet download speed in Texas is 133.04 mbps.
- Approximately 14,000 people in Bexar County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Approximately 99% of San Antonio residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- 90.0% of Texans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Explore internet access for communities within San Antonio: Garden Ridge, Balcones Heights, Kirby, Windcrest, Leon Valley, Hollywood Park, Castle Hills, Terrell Hills, Shavano Park, Hill Country Village, Olmos Park, Alamo Heights, China Grove, and Live Oak
- The fastest zip code in San Antonio for April 2021 is 78223. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.4% of consumers in San Antonio22,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In San Antonio, Texas
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Google Fiber||2,000 Mbps||Fiber||4s|
|Grande Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|GVTC Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|En-Touch Systems||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|AT&T Fiber||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|En-Touch Systems||940 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||IPBB||1m 21s|
|Rise Broadband||100 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||1m 21s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|BullsEye Telecom||100 Mbps||Fiber||1m 21s|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||100 Mbps||Fiber||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|GVTC Communications||12 Mbps||DSL||11m 22s|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||7 Mbps||DSL||19m 30s|
|ZipLink Internet.com||4.0 Mbps||DSL||34m 8s|
|Windstream||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in San Antonio, Texas
- AT&T Internet - - 100.0% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- GVTC - - 68.1% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - - 100.0% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- AT&T Fiber - - 99.3% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Rise Broadband - - 98.5% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Grande - - 97.7% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Google Fiber - - 96.1% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
- GVTC - - 54.7% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 12 Mbps
- Windstream - - 28.2% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- ZipLink Internet.com - - 25.1% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 4.0 Mbps
- Xfinity - - 18.1% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- enTouch Systems - - 6.0% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- BullsEye Telecom - - 8.1% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- En-Touch Systems - - 6.0% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Dell Telephone Cooperative - - 2.6% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 7 Mbps
- Dell Telephone Cooperative - - 2.6% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in San Antonio - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In San Antonio
|AT&T Internet||IPBB||100%||100 Mbps|
|ZipLink Internet.com||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|GVTC Communications||Fiber||68.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Phoenix Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||15 Mbps|
|Ranch Wireless||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|Rock Solid Internet & Telephone||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|VTX Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|AT&T Fiber||Fiber||99.3%+||940 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||98.5%+||100 Mbps|
|Cascom||Fixed Wireless||97.9%+||25 Mbps|
|Grande Communications||Cable||97.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||96.1%+||2,000 Mbps|
|GVEC.net||Fixed Wireless||94.1%+||25 Mbps|
|Alamo Broadband||Fixed Wireless||74.3%+||100 Mbps|
|GVTC Communications||DSL||54.7%+||12 Mbps|
|Vivint Internet||Fixed Wireless||45.8%+||100 Mbps|
|ZipLink Internet.com||DSL||25.1%+||4.0 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||18.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|En-Touch Systems||Fiber||6.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|BullsEye Telecom||Fiber||8.1%+||100 Mbps|
|En-Touch Systems||Cable||6.0%+||940 Mbps|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||DSL||2.6%+||7 Mbps|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||Fiber||2.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|GVTC Communications||Fiber||72.9%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ranch Wireless||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||100%||940 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||54.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GVEC.net||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||89.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Fiber||70.3%+||940 Mbps|
|GVTC Communications||DSL||70.1%+||50 Mbps|
|Unite Private Networks||Fiber||44.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Grande Communications||Fiber||35.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||30.7%+||6 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||15.2%+||987 Mbps|
|LOGIX Fiber Networks||Fiber||30.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||Fiber||28.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Fiber||0.8%+||950 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fixed Wireless||21.9%+||300 Mbps|
|TeleComp Computer Services||Fiber||2.4%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Fusion Connect||Copper||2.3%+||20 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||1.3%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Foremost Telecommunications||Fiber||0.5%+||100 Mbps|
|Dell Telephone Cooperative||DSL||0.3%+||7 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in San Antonio
Stellar customer service
The difference between Mediacom and AT&T is that Mediacom cares. I have used both services and the difference is vast. After a recent hurricane in my area, Mediacom went above and beyond to ensure that I was up and running again. There was an unknown problem with the equipment on the pole at my house, and they had it fixed within an hour of my request. They legit care, and that goes a long way!
Good over the phone and store service
My first experience with Spectrum. I was handled professionally and politely over the phone and in-store. 17082 La Cantera Pkwy, San Antonio in-store experience with picking up my equipment was easy with the sign-in process, and the associate was very polite and technically helpful with setup instructions. I’d recommend it to family and friends.
Just what I needed!
After fighting with limited internet choices and a data cap for a couple of years, we finally went with Alamo Broadband and haven't looked back since. We have two families utilizing their second lowest plan (still reasonably priced!) and while it's not blazing fast, it's more important that THERE'S NO DATA CAP!!!!!!! It's also been very reliable in spite of high winds and storms. Customer service has always done their best to help and save me money, and having someone come out to check the equipment has been a breeze. We are rural customers and trust me... they are all you need. They don't keep raising their prices, no hidden fees, no data cap, they have services like HughesNet beat. A very refreshing change from our previous provider!!!
Good Service (so far)
The service with AT&T has been good to me so far, however, we'll see how the service handles once the promo special is up.
I love Spectrum!
By far the BEST cable company! Anytime I’ve ever had an issue, 24/7 customer service has always helped me out. Spectrum has more channels than most companies. Awesome features as well. Prior to Spectrum, I had a satellite TV provider that always “disconnected” during a storm or if it got a little windy outside. I no longer have to worry about my connection. Thank you Spectrum for being so amazing!
I have been a customer of Grande for many years. They have provided constant and reliable service, only nature's influence has disrupted their service. I gave 3 stars on Customer Service due to the lack of general network knowledge, or total lack of desire to facilitate my needs when I needed my modem to be factory reset. Most of the representatives have no actual knowledge of how a network works. I have been told, on more than three occasions off the top of my head, that there are only wireless networks, and it is not possible to use an Ethernet cable. They have also informed me that you can not use a router separate from their equipment. For an avid computer nerd, who has been around PC's since birth, 1982, This has caused major distress and annoyance on many separate occasions. Luckily, you can politely ask to be transferred to the IT specialists, or a supervisor depending on your needs, and they are much more knowledgeable and capable of assisting. They offer the fastest speeds, for the most affordable price. No data caps, no data tracking, they don't care how much data you use or how quickly you use it. Setting up advanced routing for private security systems, dedicated servers, online gaming, and pretty much everything else I have been able to think of to trip them up. I have anywhere from 3 to 8 PC's on the network, plus 1-4 Laptops, 1-4 Cellphones, 3 3D printers, a security system, a 5G Cell Booster from Sprint, and 1-2 printers all at once. LAN and WLAN, through the Grande provided modem/router, and a DELL PowerConnect 2716 router. They just upgraded to 1 GIG speeds in my neighborhood, and I have been enjoying it immensely. Overall I thoroughly enjoy Grande Internet service and hope they offer the same 1 GIG when I move soon! I would highly recommend that you switch to Grande if it's available in your area, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.