Internet Providers in Newport News, VA
Only showing providers serving 23601
Residential Internet Statistics for Newport News, VA
|Internet Service Providers:||3|
|Plans Start From:||$29.99|
|Top Download Speed:||1 Gbps|
|Fastest Connection Type:||Fiber|
Top Internet Providers in 23601:
Showing 1 to 5 Providers
Looking for internet plans in your area?
Internet Access in Newport News, Virginia
The average download speed in Newport News is 148.5 Mbps. This is 31.8% slower than the average in Virginia and 23.6% faster than the national average.
- There are 16 internet providers in Newport News with 5 of those offering residential service
- Newport News is the 48th most connected city in Virginia ahead of Poquoson, Seaford, Smithfield, Carrollton, and Fort Eustis.
- Residential fiber service is available to 91% of people living in Newport News.
- Virginia is the 32nd most connected state in the U.S.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 88% of Newport News County residents.
- Almost 93% of consumers in Virginia have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- There are 13 companies offering business internet services in Newport News.
- In Newport News County, approximately 2,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
Internet Provider Store Locations in Newport News
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Newport News, Virginia
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Cox Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s||97.8%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|T-Mobile 5G Home Internet||182 Mbps||5G Internet||45s||9.9%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
2.4% of consumers in Newport News4,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.