To determine the best internet speed for your home, consider the number of smart phones, smart TV’s, tablets and computers you have.
This table represents our recommendation:1-450mbps5-9100mbs10-14300mbps15+900mbpsWant a more personalized recommendation? Our experts are available to help: (855) 947-3388
Internet Providers in Shacklefords, Virginia
Only showing providers serving 23156
Residential Internet Statistics for Shacklefords, VA
|Fastest Speed Available:||1,200 Mbps|
|Average Plan Price:||$58.49|
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 23156:
Showing 1 to 5 Providers
Internet Access in Shacklefords, Virginia
- There are 8 internet providers in Shacklefords with 5 of those offering residential service
- Shacklefords is the 480th most connected city in Virginia ahead of Lanexa and West Point, but behind Saluda, Urbanna, and Toano.
- The average internet download speed in Virginia is 187.85 mbps.
- Approximately 2,000 people in King and Queen County don't have access to any wired internet.
- 100% of Shacklefords residents are still severely limited in wired broadband choices.
- Virginia is the 31st most connected state in the U.S.
- In King and Queen County, approximately 4,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Almost 93% of consumers in Virginia have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
Internet Statistics 2021
100.0% of consumers in Shacklefords1,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Shacklefords, Virginia
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Cox Communications||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s||39.5%|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||7.2%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Shacklefords
No service in the sticks!
Verizon has been a love-hate during my living in both Gloucester and King and Queen. It really is the only cell provider with okay service but that's it, just okay service. There are many black-out spots in Gloucester and service above anything more than simple text messages is unavailable for most of King and Queen. It's a shame too, because in King and Queen, Verizon is also about the only way to access the internet!
Slow speeds and extreme limits
I've had Verizon wireless since 2011 and used to have the old unlimited plan which they did away within 2011 but I was grandfathered in so still had it until 2017 when they finally forced the last of us off that old unlimited onto the new plans. The old unlimited was truly unlimited -- no throttling and amazing speeds. I could stream 1080p 60fps video with no buffering and websites loaded like a breeze. Their new "unlimited" plans are garbage and have extreme limits placed on them. And to make matters worse their network has become overloaded which causes extremely slow speeds during peak hours. Lately, I have to wait minutes to even load a website and streaming anything even in 240p is pretty much impossible. 0/5 stars.