Conducting research on internet providers in Chandler, Arizona, may take up more time than you’d like, which is why this thorough Internet Buyer’s Guide will help in more ways than one. By referring to the comparison tables and important broadband details regarding the 16 internet providers in Chandler (9 residential providers and 7 business providers) below, you have access to a diverse range of information to enhance your internet shopping experience.
Residential Internet Providers in Chandler, AZ
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|CenturyLink||$50/mo.||100-940 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||96% DSL and Fiber|
|Cox Communications||$29.99/mo.||25-1000 Mbps||Cable||59% Cable|
|Orbitel Communications||N/A||Variable||Fiber, Cable||48% Fiber, 48% Cable|
|Gila River Telecommunications||$27/mo.||25-100 Mbps||DSL||2% DSL|
The table above summarizes Chandler internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Chandler, AZ
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|Cox Communications||1000 Mbps||$29.99-99.99/mo.|
|Triad Wireless||300 Mbps||N/A|
|Orbitel Communications||200 Mbps||N/A|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Chandler residents.
What type of internet is available in Chandler?
When choosing your preferred internet type, you should know what each one entails. The following internet types are currently available in Chandler: DSL, Cable, Fixed Wireless, Copper, Fiber-Optic, and Satellite.
- DSL: Establishing a network connection via copper telephone wires, DSL internet is one of the most affordable options for small households that don’t need a lot of speed.
- Cable: With faster speeds than DSL, cable internet delivers data through TV cables and has widespread coverage in Chandler.
- Fixed Wireless: Fixed wireless internet uses radio airwaves between two fixed locations to form an internet connection. Fixed wireless speeds in Chandler are often slower than cable and fiber but comparable to DSL.
- Copper: Copper internet is a common type of business internet. The name “copper” refers to the T-carrier lines that transmit data.
- Fiber-Optic: Through the utilization of glass-threaded wires, fiber-optic internet speeds can reach up to 1,000 Mbps. It is the fastest type of internet on the market.
- Satellite: Satellite internet is a good option for those who have limited access to other providers. A technician will install a dish on the roof or balcony of your home to establish a satellite internet connection.
As a reminder, it’s best to speak with a representative to see which internet types are available in your area, as certain ones are not available in all parts of Chandler.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Chandler?
Gila River Telecommunications, Cox Communications and CenturyLink offer some of the cheapest internet plans in Chandler with various deals, price points, and download speeds.
Cheapest internet in Chandler
- Cox Communications—$29.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
- Viasat Internet—$49.99/mo. for up to 12 Mbps *
- CenturyLink—$50/mo. for up to 100 Mbps *
- HughesNet—$59.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Chandler?
Known for its annual Ostrich Festival and historical properties, Chandler is a city rooted in culture, community, and conservation efforts. With this in mind, Chandler residents and business owners are looking for internet plans with affordable prices and high speeds to improve the economy and education systems. When determining which download speeds meet your requirements, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind.
Small households with 1-2 individuals need download speeds of at least 25 Mbps. These speeds are typical for light internet users who browse the internet every once in a while or stream movies on one device. If you’re looking for higher resolution streaming or you work from home, then speeds of at least 100 Mbps may be a great option. For larger households of four or more power internet users, speeds of at least 1000 Mbps are ideal.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Chandler that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Chandler|
How do I find the fastest internet in Chandler?
Popular internet providers in Chandler that offer fast speeds are CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit and Cox Communications. Download speeds in Chandler can reach up to 940 Mbps with the city’s fastest providers.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Chandler?
Bundles often come with special promotions whether you’re choosing a double or triple play. When you bundle your internet service with cable TV and/or phone service, you may get perks like lower monthly rates or waived installation fees. Internet providers in Chandler, such as Cox Communications, offer bundles with differing deals so you can get the most out of your plan.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Chandler
|Internet Providers in Chandler||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|Cox Communications||Internet + Phone + TV||$129.99-209.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Chandler?
To better understand how each internet provider in Chandler will accommodate your digital needs, please keep the following points in mind:
- Price: Whether you own a business in Chandler or you’re living in a large household with children who need internet access to do their homework, you will need to determine your monthly internet budget.
- Speed: The download speeds you need will depend on your household or business size, common internet activities, and how frequently each individual uses the internet. If you’re a work-from-home parent, consider higher speeds for comfortable use.
- Data Caps: Like internet speeds, data cap requirements also depend on the number of people you’re living or working with and the internet usage amount. If that amount is high, then unlimited data is ideal.
- Contracts: The contract lengths for internet providers in Chandler range from 0-1 year. If you’re going to be a long-term resident, this is a great option. If you’re a short-term resident, then a month-to-month contract is ideal.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Chandler?
As a city that encourages recreational, fitness, educational, artistic, and cultural activities within the community, Chandler provides numerous ways for residents, students, and business owners to stay connected through steady internet connections. If and when you make your move to Chandler, a few internet aspects to keep in mind include how to transfer your service, early termination fees, and typical contract durations.
If you’re content with your current internet provider’s services, you may have the option to transfer your plan. This option only works if they service your new Chandler residence. If you’re dissatisfied with your current provider or your plan is non-transferable, then you will most likely encounter cancellation or early termination fees for breaching the contract term.
Outlined in the fine print of your contract, early termination fees are the penalty you face when you cannot commit to the term agreement. In Chandler, these fees can range from $0-400. You will either pay the fee in full or pay monthly until the agreement has been fulfilled. Think of your current living situation and decide if you will be able to stick with a contract for 0-1 year, which is common in Chandler, or if you’ll need a month-to-month plan.
CenturyLink offers month-to-month plans if you’re worried about committing to a contract. As a rule of thumb, always read the fine print of your contract to review cancellation policies in order to avoid early termination fees.
Installation Fees in Chandler
Setting up new internet service in your home or company means going through the installation process. More often than not, you can choose between self-installation or professional installation. For some internet providers, the latter is required. If you choose professional installation, be prepared for installation fees that can range from $0 to in Chandler. Depending on the provider and plan, installation fees may be waived for select bundles and promotions, so it’s best to research all of your options.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Chandler?
Data caps are common in Chandler, especially for internet-only plans. As families continue to grow in number, so does the amount of internet data used. CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit and Cox Communications have a 1 TB data cap with their internet plans, but Viasat Internet and CenturyLink offer internet plans that do not have data caps.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Chandler?
The Chandler neighborhoods that have the highest connectivity are Downtown, Monterey Vista, and parts of Pueblo Santa Fe. The most popular internet providers throughout the city include Triad Wireless and CenturyLink.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Chandler, Arizona
With a fast-paced city lifestyle, Chandler is the 7th most-connected city in Arizona, ahead of Gilbert, Mesa, Sacaton, and Bapchule. From its numerous championship golf courses to MLB spring training games, there is always something big happening in this sunny city. Offering the greatest coverage, Triad Wireless, CenturyLink and CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit are the three most common choices for staying connected in Chandler. Although the vast majority of Chandler residents are serviced by multiple internet providers, approximately 23,000 people in the city have access to only one or zero wired internet connections. While there are only a few providers with widespread availability, those providers offer high speeds and affordable prices to the majority of Chandler’s residents.