If you are in the market for an internet provider in Naperville, Illinois, you have come to the right place. This Internet Buyer’s Guide will provide you information on all the providers, internet types, prices, coverage, data caps and more.
Residential Internet Providers in Naperville, IL
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||$30/mo.||50-1200 Mbps||Cable||100% Cable|
|AT&T Internet||$35/mo.||100-940 Mbps||IPBB, Fiber||100% IPBB, 6% Fiber|
|WOW!||$34.99/mo.||100-1000 Mbps||Cable||95% Cable|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||$49.99/mo.||12-50 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
|HughesNet||$39.99/mo.||25 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
The table above summarizes Naperville internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Naperville, IL
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1200 Mbps||$30-70/mo.|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||$45+/mo.|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||50 Mbps||$49.99-99.99/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Naperville residents.
What type of internet is available in Naperville?
There are a few types of internet available in Naperville, but DSL and cable are the most prevalent.
- DSL: DSL internet is available through current phone lines in Naperville. While DSL plans may not provide the speed that cable and fiber do, they are often more affordable and cover most of the city.
- Cable: Cable internet is basically broadband that is brought to you the same way as cable television. The speeds can almost reach 1,000 Mbps with some providers if you want to pay the price.
- Fiber-Optic: Fiber internet is transferred through fiber-optic cables. It can bring you the fastest speeds. However, in Naperville, it is not available for most of the population as it is confined mostly to one or two regions currently.
- Fixed Wireless: Fixed wireless internet is exactly as it sounds. The internet is provided through wireless radio signals from the provider’s tower. The speeds offered are usually comparable to DSL speeds.
- Satellite: Satellite internet is available everywhere, so it is a good option for those living in rural areas without access to other high-speed internet options. Keep in mind that speeds tend to be slower than other types of internet.
Depending upon the region of Naperville you reside in, not all of these options may be available.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Naperville?
There are 33 total internet providers in Naperville with 10 of them offering residential service. All of them have varying speeds and prices so shop closely. Two of the top providers that have great coverage and low pricing options are XFINITY from Comcast, Rise Broadband and WOW!.
Cheapest internet in Naperville
- XFINITY from Comcast—$30/mo. for up to 50 Mbps *
- Rise Broadband—$34.95/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
- WOW!—$34.99/mo. for up to 100 Mbps *
- AT&T Fiber—$35/mo. for up to 300 Mbps *
- HughesNet—$39.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Naperville?
You may often hear people ask how much internet speed they actually need. The truth of the matter is that it all depends on the number of people using the internet in your household in Naperville and how many devices are currently hooked up to your internet.
If you are the only person in your household in Naperville, you could make do with 25 Mbps to stream video, surf the internet, and download music. However, if you have two or three people, you will probably not want to go with anything less than 100 Mbps. If you have a house full of gamers and streamers who like to watch on a nightly basis, you should find a 1,000 Mbps plan.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Naperville that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Naperville|
How do I find the fastest internet in Naperville?
The two providers offering the fastest internet plans in Naperville are from EarthLink Fiber and AT&T Fiber as they can reach speeds of 1200 Mbps. However, they have limited availability in Naperville.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Naperville?
Bundling your internet with TV and/or phone service could save you some serious money on a monthly basis, as the providers want you to use as many of their services as possible. AT&T Internet and AT&T Fiber all have a few bundling options to be aware of if you are in the market for a double or triple play plan. Standalone internet plans are also available with these providers.
Bundled Cable Plans and Pricing in Naperville
|Internet Providers in Naperville||Services||Price Range of Bundles|
|AT&T Internet||Internet + TV||$99.99-129.99/mo.|
|AT&T Fiber||Internet + TV||$129.99/mo.|
How can I compare the major internet providers in Naperville?
When comparing internet providers in Naperville, there are four categories you should always look at:
- Price: Be careful when determining the price you are able to pay per month on internet service. There is usually a promotional rate for the first few months of service before they lock you into the regular rates, which are higher.
- Speed: Don’t get pulled in by a low price if the speed offered is not able to keep up with your demands. Think about how many people in your household use the internet and what they’ll be doing online.
- Data Caps: If you’re a gamer, streamer, artist, or work-from-home professional, you’ll need a lot of data. Look for plans with high data caps of at least 1 TB or unlimited data to meet your needs.
- Contracts: Contracts in Naperville range in length from 0-2 years, while some providers offer contract-free options. If you’re a short-term resident or you’re not completely sold on the provider, look for month-to-month options.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Naperville?
Naperville has a population of just under 150,000 people and is a western suburb of Chicago. If you like the city feel but don’t want to be buried in traffic, Naperville could be for you. There are a couple of colleges in Naperville, including North Central College, and the city also offers a family atmosphere. With a park along the scenic Naperville river and a beach that is popular for outdoor activities in the warmer months, many people enjoy living there or visiting. In fact, Naperville is considered one of the wealthiest cities in the midwest.
If you have a current internet provider that you are still under contract with, you might be able to use them in Naperville so you won’t face any early termination fees. If your internet provider does not offer services in Naperville, there could be an early termination fee. Give the provider a call to find out what your options are for ending your contract early. You may have to pay an early termination fee based on the number of months you still have left on the contract.
Early termination fees in Naperville can range anywhere from $0-400, depending on the provider or plan you choose. Check the fine print of your contract before signing it, as early termination fees will typically be outlined there.
If you’re concerned about these fees and committing to an internet plan long term, look for contract-free plans in the area. There are no-contract options from providers like Intelligent Computing Solutions.
Installation Fees in Naperville
Depending upon the internet provider, you may be able to self install the internet at your residence for free (WOW! Is one of these providers) or just a small fee (EarthLink charges $20). Otherwise, if professional installation is needed, you could be looking at a more substantial fee in Naperville. Professional installation fees can cost anywhere from $0 to $99 in the area.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Naperville?
When signing up with an internet provider, it is important to consider data caps. In Naperville, Viasat Internet (formerly Exede) and Rise Broadband offer plans that do not have data caps. Other providers like Xfinity have high data cap plans with up to Intelligent Computing Solutions to use each month, which is plenty of data for the typical user.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Naperville?
A good portion of Naperville residents, regardless of the exact neighborhood they live in, have 4-5 internet providers to choose from. Naperville is the 8th most-connected city in all of Illinois so you can expect to have options. While Naperville has limited fiber connectivity, you still have the options of going with cable or DSL internet. Blast Communications and Intelligent Computing Solutions offer the most widespread coverage in the city, so they are popular options among residents.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Naperville, Illinois
Nearly all, 99 percent, of Naperville residents have multiple internet providers to choose from. Naperville has an average download speed of 122.3 Mbps and is more connected than ahead of Aurora, Warrenville, Lisle, Bolingbrook, and Woodridge.. Only about 1,000 people in Naperville have access to one or fewer wired internet providers, however fixed wireless internet is available to majority of the city.