Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Jackson, Michigan
Internet Access in Jackson, Michigan
The average download speed in Jackson is 151.33 Mbps. This is 18.0% faster than the average in Michigan and 32.0% faster than the national average.
- There are 22 internet providers in Jackson with 7 of those offering residential service
- Jackson is the 139th most connected city in Michigan ahead of Spring Arbor, Clarklake, Parma, Horton, and Michigan Center.
- The average internet download speed in Michigan is 128.24 mbps.
- 9% of Jackson residents are still severely limited in wired broadband choices.
- There are 273 internet providers in all of Michigan.
- Approximately 91% of Jackson residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- In Jackson County, approximately 39,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Michigan is the 33rd most connected state in the U.S.
- The fastest zip code in Jackson for July 2021 is 49201. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
9.3% of consumers in Jackson9,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Jackson, Michigan
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|ACD.net||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||85.0%|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s||99.1%|
|AT&T Internet||100 Mbps||IPBB||1m 21s||98.3%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|EarthLink||100 Mbps||DSL||1m 21s||98.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|TDS Telecom||25 Mbps||DSL||5m 27s||4.3%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Jackson
MUST RESET AT&T PACER 4111N GATEWAY EVERY DAY
I have had AT&T DSL service since 2003. Surprisingly, I used the original Linksys router and the Speedstream modem that AT&T furnished for 16 years. Service has always been exceptional. But, the old modem could not handle all the new data streams and I am using an AT&T Pacer 4111N wireless modem/router and my service now drops. I must reboot the device every day or two as the speed drops from avg 2.5 Mbps download to 1.2 Mbps. If I don't reboot, the speed drops to just .9 Mbps download. Reboot, and it's back up to 2.5. Not blazing fast, I know, but I don't really require more. The main complaint is that I never had to re-boot the old modem and router. Not, it's just a daily chore and a fact of life. Oh, and I'm paying $51.00/month for what would arguably be a snail-paced internet service in 2019. Just my two cents.
AMAZING CUSTOMER SUPPORT
The guys over at RCI are always available and amazing. Not to mention my fiber to the home has amazing speeds!