How much internet speed do you need? That depends on how you plan on using your internet connection.
< 25mbps basic internet for checking e-mail, google searches 25-99 Mbps will handle streaming Netflix, FaceTime, Zoom calls 100-499 Mbps fast downloads, gaming online, streaming UHD on multiple screens 500-1,000 Mbps blazing fast for just about anything
Internet Providers in Raleigh, North Carolina
Only showing providers serving 27606
Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Internet Providers in 27606:
Showing 1 to 6 Providers
Internet Access in Raleigh, North Carolina
The average download speed in Raleigh is 192.71 Mbps. This is 63.1% faster than the average in North Carolina and 46.6% faster than the national average.
- There are 20 internet providers in Raleigh with 6 of those offering residential service
- Raleigh is the 22nd most connected city in North Carolina ahead of Garner, Wake Forest, and Knightdale, but behind Morrisville and Cary.
- In Wake County, approximately 1,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- The average internet download speed in North Carolina is 118.12 mbps.
- Residential fiber service is available to 75% of people living in Raleigh.
- Approximately 97% of Raleigh residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 72% of Wake County residents.
- Approximately 200 people in Wake County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The fastest zip code in Raleigh for July 2021 is 27606. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.8% of consumers in Raleigh13,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Raleigh, North Carolina
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|AT&T Internet||940 Mbps||IPBB and Fiber||8s||97.4%|
|EarthLink||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s||97.8%|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Raleigh
Internet speed is good
I get 200+ Mbps for the cheapest plan available at the time of writing this review. The only complaint that I have is the price hikes. Internet prices should be the same for old and new customers.
Not a completely satisfactory experience.
Most professional services businesses count on "24/7" reliable internet and VOIP connections to be competitive and provide an appropriate level of responsiveness. This company is reliable MOST of the time, however, if you have an outage you can count on being down for a day or two. Tens of thousands of dollars can be lost in one day so it matters. Further, the company consistently offers slower speeds than sales representatives offer. If you must increase bandwidth and need new equipment to accommodate it, you may be waiting for weeks.