Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Boulder, Colorado
Internet Access in Boulder, Colorado
The average download speed in Boulder is 138.92 Mbps. This is 20.5% faster than the average in Colorado and 32.8% faster than the national average.
- There are 22 internet providers in Boulder with 11 of those offering residential service
- Boulder is the 49th most connected city in Colorado ahead of Lafayette, but behind Broomfield, Longmont, Louisville, and Erie.
- Approximately 92% of Boulder residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- 90.2% of Coloradans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- There are 256 internet providers in all of Colorado.
- In Boulder County, approximately 18,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- Residential fiber service is available to 65% of people living in Boulder.
- 90% of residents in Boulder County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- The fastest zip code in Boulder for April 2021 is 80301. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
8.4% of consumers in Boulder10,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Boulder, Colorado
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|Rise Broadband||50 Mbps||Fixed Wireless||2m 43s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|Brainstorm Internet||20 Mbps||DSL||6m 49s|
|FORETHOUGHT.net||10 Mbps||DSL||13m 39s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Boulder, Colorado
- CenturyLink - - 100.0% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 140 Mbps
- Xfinity - - 99.3% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- Rise Broadband - - 98.9% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 50 Mbps
- CenturyLink - - 82.5% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Brainstorm Internet - - 2.0% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 20 Mbps
- FORETHOUGHT.net - - 2.0% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 10 Mbps
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Boulder - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Boulder
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||99.3%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||98.9%+||50 Mbps|
|Magnolia Road Internet Coop||Fixed Wireless||43.5%+||3.0 Mbps|
|Mountain Broadband||Fixed Wireless||9.0%+||15 Mbps|
|LiveWire Networks||Fixed Wireless||7.1%+||10 Mbps|
|Brainstorm Internet||DSL||2.0%+||20 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL||100%||140 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||73.1%+||940 Mbps|
|MHO Networks||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||15.5%+||6 Mbps|
|Fusion Connect||Copper||9.2%+||100 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||5.8%+||45 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Boulder
We've been Centurylink customers for years. Service has been great after recently upgrading but we had occasional outages on the previous slower plan (and modem). We had been on a 60mbps speed on a price for life deal but saw that they were offering 100mbps only for new customers at a lower price than what I was getting. I called a regular service rep hoping to upgrade and they said they couldn't offer me the new customer deal. I then read a blog that recommended asking for the "Loyalty Department". I asked for them the second time I called a different regular rep and they transferred while saying there would be "no promises". The "Loyalty Department" rep was super-nice and told us she could switch us to the new customer plan AND throw in the new modem needed at no charge since our current plan had the same setup where we owned it and didn't make monthly payments on it. It was the best phone customer service experience I've ever had! Install occurred on the planned day a few days later. The tech was professional and knew what was needed (including working on lines blocks from our home and even in the neighbor's back yard). An hour later and we were up and running. The new Zyxel c3000z modem works great and I decided to ditch a Netgear wifi router that I had up with our older Actiontec C1000A modem and just use the modem's built-in wifi. It's newer than our old router. I have a wifi extender that helps reach our back deck and yard. Speeds are consistently in the 90mbs though I would like faster upload speeds than the 10mbps that's offered. But overall, I am really satisfied with Centurylink and recommend them highly.
Fast!!! Reliable!!! Inexpensive!!!
I got this 1Gbps fiber service in Nov 2019 in Boulder CO, it is now June 2020, and I have to say, it is a game-changer! Supremely fast. The techs I had did a very good job, all-around at install. The price is $65 a month after ongoing $20 discount no fees etc. If you can get this service you absolutely should! You won't regret it! We now stream everything, TV, music, YouTube, Netflix, HBO we have never come close to tapping the link. The service has not been down either since installation. Very reliable.