If you’re interested in learning about the different internet providers and plans available in Cape Coral, this guide will offer detailed, unbiased information to assist with your buying decisions. It will cover aspects such as pricing, affordability, and features that may be considered when deciding on the best internet service for your needs.
Residential Internet Providers in Cape Coral, FL
|Provider||Starting Price||Speed Range||Type Of Internet||Coverage Availability|
|XFINITY from Comcast||$30/mo.||50-1200 Mbps||Cable||99% Cable|
|CenturyLink||$50/mo.||100-940 Mbps||DSL, Fiber||97% DSL, 88% Fiber|
|Viasat Internet||$49.99/mo.||12-50 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
|HughesNet||$49.99/mo.||25 Mbps||Satellite||100% Satellite|
The table above summarizes Cape Coral internet providers with the greatest coverage locally.
Fastest Internet Providers in Cape Coral, FL
|Provider||Maximum Speed||Price Range|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1200 Mbps||$30-70/mo.|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||940 Mbps||$50-65/mo.|
|Viasat Internet||50 Mbps||$49.99-149.99/mo.|
The providers above offer the fastest download speeds currently available to Cape Coral residents.
What type of internet is available in Cape Coral?
A decent variety of internet service types are available in Cape Coral, Florida. The main options available for residential customers include DSL, cable, fiber-optic, and satellite.
- DSL: DSL is an affordable internet type, offering more than 95 percent coverage in Cape Coral and speeds suitable for a small household.
- Cable: Cable internet, powered through the same cables as cable TV, can deliver speeds near 1000 Mbps. Cable is available to more than 90 percent of Cape Coral.
- Fiber-Optic: Fiber-optic internet is the fastest type of internet service available in Cape Coral. This connection type is best for large homes, businesses, and those who need the faster upload speeds than cable and DSL.
- Satellite: Satellite internet is available throughout Cape Coral, and is ideal for homes without access to high-speed wired internet options. A satellite dish can be installed on a home’s roof or balcony to send/receive service.
It’s important to keep in mind that all of the above-mentioned service types may not be available in every part of Cape Coral.
How do I find the cheapest internet option in Cape Coral?
In Cape Coral, there are 5 different residential internet service providers and 6 business internet providers. The cheapest residential internet options in Cape Coral are available from XFINITY from Comcast, CenturyLink and CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit, whose lowest internet-only plans start at $30/month. Business customers can also look to these providers as they also offer business internet plans.
Cheapest internet in Cape Coral
- XFINITY from Comcast—$30/mo. for up to 50 Mbps *
- Viasat Internet—$49.99/mo. for up to 12 Mbps *
- HughesNet—$49.99/mo. for up to 25 Mbps *
- CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit—$50/mo. for up to 200 Mbps *
- CenturyLink—$50/mo. for up to 100 Mbps *
How Much Internet Speed Do I Need In Cape Coral?
Cape Coral is a pre-planned community boasting a population of approximately 189,000 people. As a city with a younger demographic, numerous businesses, and generally small households, there is a great need for high-speed, affordable internet.
Smaller households and/or those who only use the internet on a limited basis for minimal browsing and checking email, having speeds of 25 Mbps would be adequate. However, for those households where there are numerous people with a higher demand for internet use, including those who participate in competitive gaming and streaming, having minimum speeds of 100 Mbps would be necessary.
Below are the recommended download speeds based on frequent internet activities and the residential providers in Cape Coral that offer these speeds.
|Recommended Speeds||Type of Internet Activities||Internet Providers in Cape Coral|
How do I find the fastest internet in Cape Coral?
At the present time, the fastest internet speed in Cape Coral is offered by XFINITY from Comcast, with top speeds of 1200 Mbps. Fiber internet is available to at least half of Cape Coral residents. Cable internet has wider availability and similar speeds if fiber isn’t available in your neighborhood.
Should I bundle TV or phone service in Cape Coral?
In Cape Coral, providers offer customizable bundle packages. If you watch cable TV more than stream or need a landline phone, bundling can save you money. offers double and triple play bundles, however, if you’re unsure, you do have the option to bundle services later down the line.
How can I compare the major internet providers in Cape Coral?
When comparing the major internet providers in Cape Coral, these are the biggest factors to consider:
- Price: How much your budget allots, as well as how much you are comfortable paying monthly for your internet service must be considered.
- Speed: Internet speed varies between individuals and household size; do you have light needs or heavy streaming requirements? Are you running a business from home? How many people use the internet regularly in the home? These are all important points of consideration.
- Data Caps: How much data your household is using on a monthly basis will need to be considered.
- Contracts: Whether you plan on being in Cape Coral long-term or you intend on moving in six months will factor into signing a contract for internet service.
What do I need to keep in mind when moving to Cape Coral?
If you are planning on moving to Cape Coral to enjoy the beautiful suburban Gulf Coast lifestyle, with unbelievable sunsets on the water, excellent wildlife viewing, and excellent sport fishing, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Depending on your current internet provider, it may or may not be possible to transfer your service if you move to Cape Coral. If you currently have service with nationwide providers like Xfinity or CenturyLink, you may be able to have it transferred. Plan offerings may be different but that may allow you to have faster speeds for a lower rate.
Whether you’re signing up with a new provider or terminating service with your old one, be mindful of early termination fees. These apply when cancelling service before the contract ends.
Most internet providers in Cape Coral require 0-2 years contracts on their service plans, and if you break this agreement, the early termination fees can cost between $0-400.
Installation Fees in Cape Coral
Most providers in Cape Coral offer free installation. It may come as a part of a promotional deal or when you agree to a contract. Some providers like CenturyLink charge for professional installation, which can cost between $0 to in Cape Coral.
How much data do you need for your home or business internet in Cape Coral?
Your internet usage will determine how much data you need. Competitive gaming, heavy streaming, frequent downloading/uploading of files will require plans with no data cap, or at least a very large one. Households engaging in this type of internet usage should consider Viasat Internet and CenturyLink as they offer plans with no data caps.
What are the most-connected neighborhoods in Cape Coral?
Most of the neighborhoods in Cape Coral have 2-3 internet providers available, with the most-connected being slightly east of Gulf Coast Village. Residents all across Cape Coral are most likely to see CenturyLink and XFINITY from Comcast as they have the most coverage.
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Internet Statistics for Cape Coral, Florida
Cape Coral is a Gulf Coast suburban paradise, boasting a tropical-outdoor lifestyle. It is currently the 133rd most-connected city in the state of Florida, with 0.95% of its residents having access to multiple wired internet service providers. Despite only 75 percent of Cape Coral’s residents having access to fiber internet, Cape Coral is more connected than neighboring towns ahead of Bokeelia, North Fort Myers, and Saint James City.. Regardless, 28,000 residents are without access to internet service with faster than 25 Mbps. Approximately 6,000 people do not have access to any wired internet service at all.