Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Olathe, Kansas
Internet Access in Olathe, Kansas
The average download speed in Olathe is 93.32 Mbps. This is 11.8% slower than the average in Kansas and 0.1% slower than the national average.
- There are 23 internet providers in Olathe with 14 of those offering residential service
- Olathe is the 2nd most connected city in Kansas ahead of Leawood, Overland Park, Mission, and Shawnee, but behind Lenexa.
- There are 18 companies offering business internet services in Olathe.
- Almost 89% of consumers in Kansas have access to a wired connection with true broadband speeds faster than 25mbps.
- 100% of residents in Johnson County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- Kansas is the 36th most connected state in the U.S.
- 84.3% of Kansans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Approximately 99% of Olathe residents are serviced by multiple wired providers.
- The fastest zip code in Olathe for April 2021 is 66062. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.0% of consumers in Olathe1,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Olathe, Kansas
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|AT&T Internet||1,000 Mbps||DSL and Fiber||8s|
|Google Fiber||2,000 Mbps||Fiber||4s|
|Consolidated Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|CenturyLink||940 Mbps||Fiber and DSL||8s|
|Suddenlink Communications||940 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Olathe, Kansas
- AT&T Internet - 97.2% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Xfinity - 98.0% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- Google Fiber - 97.6% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 2,000 Mbps
- Consolidated - 80.8% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Spectrum - 17.1% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- CenturyLink - 7.1% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Suddenlink - 1.3% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Viasat - 100.0% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - 100.0% Availability in Olathe - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Olathe
|AT&T Internet||DSL and Fiber||97.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Packet Layer||Fixed Wireless||100%||100 Mbps|
|Mercury Wireless||Fixed Wireless||99.8%+||30 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||98.0%+||1,200 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||97.6%+||2,000 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications||Fiber||80.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|KwiKom Communications||Fixed Wireless||79.6%+||25 Mbps|
|CenturyLink||Fiber and DSL||7.1%+||940 Mbps|
|Suddenlink Communications||Cable||1.3%+||940 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|KwiKom Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||25 Mbps|
|WANSecurity Wireless||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,200 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||Fiber||48.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL and Fiber||57.3%+||940 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||Fiber||91.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||45.4%+||940 Mbps|
|Unite Private Networks||Fiber||28.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Suddenlink Business||Cable||17.8%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||6.8%+||45 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||DSL||4.6%+||6 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Olathe
Reliable Rural Internet Service
Reliable service, good price, good speed, good latency, very little downtime, friendly service.
The only complaint I have with their service is that install takes a long time. From the day you sign up, it took about 3 weeks to actually have internet service, and the communication on their side is lackluster when it comes to that. However, everything else has been an amazing experience. Their technician was polite and accommodating, their service has been outstanding, and speeds have been stable. I pay for the 1000mb/s plan and I'm consistently sitting between 800-950, with pings in the ~4ms area, but some of that could be due to my own hardware. I can't really comment on their customer service, because I've never had to contact them. This is the most stable and reliable experience I've ever had with an ISP and I'm hesitant to ever move out of their service area for fear of having to use a different provider.
We have loved Xfinity from Comcast. Sad that we will not have it at our new house in Bucyrus. Boo! The internet is so fast and reliable. Great variety of channels on the TV too.