Internet Providers in Houghton Lake, MI
Only showing providers serving 48629
Residential Internet Statistics for Houghton Lake, MI
|Internet Service Providers:||7|
|Plans Start From:||$29.99|
|Top Download Speed:||1 Gbps|
|Fastest Connection Type:||Fiber|
Top Internet Providers in 48629:
Showing 1 to 9 Providers
Looking for internet plans in your area?
Internet Access in Houghton Lake, Michigan
The average download speed in Houghton Lake is 71.94 Mbps. This is 55.2% slower than the average in Michigan and 57.7% slower than the national average.
- There are 19 internet providers in Houghton Lake with 9 of those offering residential service
- Houghton Lake is the 171st most connected city in Michigan ahead of Roscommon, Harrison, and Lake City, but behind Prudenville and Saint Helen.
- The average internet download speed in Michigan is 160.6 mbps.
- Fiber optic internet is available to 44% of Roscommon County residents.
- There are 286 internet providers in all of Michigan.
- 91.0% of Michiganders have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- 99% of residents in Roscommon County have access to fixed wireless internet service.
- There are 16 companies offering business internet services in Houghton Lake.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Houghton Lake, Michigan
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB||Availability|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s||100.0%|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s||100.0%|
|T-Mobile 5G Home Internet||182 Mbps||5G Internet||45s||17.7%|
|Frontier Communications||-- Mbps||DSL||--||90.1%|
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
5.8% of consumers in Houghton Lake400 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.