Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Internet Access in Saint Paul, Minnesota
The average download speed in Saint Paul is 121.12 Mbps. This is 16.4% faster than the average in Minnesota and 22.9% faster than the national average.
- There are 31 internet providers in Saint Paul with 15 of those offering residential service
- Saint Paul is the 38th most connected city in Minnesota ahead of South Saint Paul, Inver Grove Heights, Saint Paul Park, and Newport, but behind Minneapolis.
- There are 28 companies offering business internet services in Saint Paul.
- There are 278 internet providers in all of Minnesota.
- 89.9% of Minnesotans have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Residential fiber service is available to 75% of people living in Saint Paul.
- Approximately 1,000 people in Ramsey County don't have access to any wired internet.
- The average internet download speed in Minnesota is 104.06 mbps.
- Explore internet access for communities within Saint Paul: Pine Springs, Falcon Heights, North Oaks, Oakdale, Vadnais Heights, Dellwood, Woodbury, Roseville, Maplewood, Arden Hills, Apple Valley, White Bear Lake, Sunfish Lake, Shoreview, Mendota Heights, Eagan, Mounds View, Lauderdale, Little Canada, New Brighton, and Mahtomedi
- The fastest zip code in Saint Paul for April 2021 is 55125. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
1.2% of consumers in Saint Paul9,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Saint Paul, Minnesota
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|Sytek Communications||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Mediacom Cable||1,000 Mbps||Cable||8s|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
|702 Communications||500 Mbps||DSL||16s|
|Frontier Communications||115 Mbps||DSL||1m 11s|
|702 Communications||20 Mbps||Fiber||6m 49s|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||20 Mbps||DSL||6m 49s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Saint Paul, Minnesota
- CenturyLink - - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - 140
- Spectrum - - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - 1,000
- Xfinity - - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - 1,200
- CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit - - 97.3% Availability in Saint Paul - 940
- Frontier - - 90.9% Availability in Saint Paul - 115
- Sytek - - 8.1% Availability in Saint Paul - 1,000
- 702 - - 4.7% Availability in Saint Paul - 500
- Consolidated - - 5.8% Availability in Saint Paul - 20
- 702 Communications - - 2.2% Availability in Saint Paul - 20
- Arvig - - 1.7% Availability in Saint Paul - 1,000
- Mediacom - - 1.0% Availability in Saint Paul - 1,000
- Viasat - - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - 100
- HughesNet - - 100.0% Availability in Saint Paul - 25
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
- Arden Hills, MN
- Cottage Grove, MN
- Eagan, MN
- Falcon Heights, MN
- Lauderdale, MN
- Little Canada, MN
- Maplewood, MN
- Medford, MN
- Mendota Heights, MN
- Minneapolis, MN
- Oakdale, MN
- Richfield, MN
- Rosemount, MN
- Roseville, MN
- Saint Paul Park, MN
- Shoreview, MN
- South Saint Paul, MN
- Vadnais Heights, MN
- White Bear Lake, MN
- Woodbury, MN
Summary Of Internet Providers In Saint Paul
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||100%||1,200 Mbps|
|Nextera Communications||Fixed Wireless||100%||50 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||Fiber||97.3%+||940 Mbps|
|Frontier Communications||DSL||90.9%+||115 Mbps|
|LTD Broadband||Fixed Wireless||39.6%+||100 Mbps|
|Sytek Communications||Fiber||8.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|702 Communications||DSL||4.7%+||500 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||DSL||5.8%+||20 Mbps|
|702 Communications||Fiber||2.2%+||20 Mbps|
|Mediacom Cable||Cable||1.0%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||DSL||100%||140 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||95.0%+||940 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Cable||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Frontier Business||DSL||88.6%+||115 Mbps|
|LTD Broadband||Fixed Wireless||53.8%+||100 Mbps|
|Consolidated Communications (Formerly Fairpoint Communications)||Copper||33.4%+||-- Mbps|
|POPP Communications||Copper||24.4%+||-- Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||23.5%+||1.5 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||20.7%+||6 Mbps|
|TDS Business||Cable||15.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Fusion Connect||Copper||8.2%+||20 Mbps|
|Sytek Communications||Fiber||3.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Nextera Communications||Fiber||2.9%+||100 Mbps|
|702 Communications||Fiber||2.8%+||20 Mbps|
|Spectrum Business||Fiber||2.4%+||940 Mbps|
|TPx Communications||Fiber||2.4%+||1.5 Mbps|
|Cogent Communications||Fiber||1.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Mediacom Business||Cable||1.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Saint Paul
We had another wireless service in our area prior to connecting with LTD. We were having several problems with the other provider. Now? Well let's just say we get what we were promised! Great internet service, great customer service, and prompt resolution when a hiccup arises. Thanks to everyone at LTD for being a superb provider!
Best internet service I've had. Reliable and good speed whenever I need it.
My internet service is usually pretty good. It’s better than any of the other companies I’ve tried. I recommend LTD to anyone in the area who is looking for a good value.
Much better and more reliable than the local phone company
Fought many years with local phone company internet trying to work from home, switched to LTD broadband and took care of the issues.
Would not recommend
I had Xfinity for almost a year. It was good up until the last few months when their auto pay wasn’t processing my payments and I was getting all types of fees for it. I had to call multiple times (being told different things, hung up on multiple times, and not knowing what was going on). They kept blaming it on my bank and saying I needed to talk to my bank. I did call my bank and they said there were no issues they could think of why the payments weren’t processing. I even tried re-entering all my information for payments but I kept having the same issue. Then when I tried to cancel, they basically trapped me by saying I’ll have to pay all those fees (the fees that they gave me after their system was failing them) on top of cancellation fees to the tune of over $300. Don’t get stuck in their trap!