Searching Fiber Providers…
Most Popular Residential Internet Providers in Portland, Oregon
Internet Access in Portland, Oregon
The average download speed in Portland is 96.78 Mbps. This is 4.1% faster than the average in Oregon and 3.5% faster than the national average.
- There are 36 internet providers in Portland with 7 of those offering residential service
- Portland is the 6th most connected city in Oregon ahead of Beaverton, Happy Valley, Gladstone, Lake Oswego, and Fairview.
- In Multnomah County, approximately 12,000 people do not have access to 25mbps wired broadband.
- 91.8% of Oregonians have access to 100mbps or faster broadband.
- Residential fiber service is available to 91% of people living in Portland.
- Oregon is the 23rd most connected state in the U.S.
- There are 241 internet providers in all of Oregon.
- Approximately 7,000 people in Multnomah County don't have access to any wired internet.
- Explore internet access for communities within Portland: Oak Grove, Tigard, King City, and Milwaukie
- The fastest zip code in Portland for April 2021 is 97267. (see all below).
Internet Statistics 2021
2.5% of consumers in Portland20,000 People Only have access to 1 or fewer wired internet providers available at their address.
This data is calculated from FCC datasets which providers are legally required to supply twice a year. We further validate this data for accuracy.
Are you a journalist or researcher writing about this topic?
Contact us and we'll connect you with a broadband market expert on our team who can provide insights and data to support your work.
Summary Of Fastest Internet Providers In Portland, Oregon
|Provider||Speed||Type||Time To Download 1 GB|
|XFINITY from Comcast||1,200 Mbps||Cable||6s|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||940 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Ziply Fiber||1,000 Mbps||Fiber||8s|
|Viasat Internet||100 Mbps||Satellite||1m 21s|
|HughesNet||25 Mbps||Satellite||5m 27s|
Summary of Internet Providers Availability in Portland, Oregon
- CenturyLink - DSL - 78.8% Availability in Portland - Speeds up to 140 Mbps
- Xfinity - Cable - 98.4% Availability in Portland - Speeds up to 1,200 Mbps
- CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit - Fiber - 72.2% Availability in Portland - Speeds up to 940 Mbps
- Ziply Fiber - Fiber - 18.6% Availability in Portland - Speeds up to 1,000 Mbps
- Viasat - Satellite - 100.0% Availability in Portland - Speeds up to 100 Mbps
- HughesNet - Satellite - 100.0% Availability in Portland - Speeds up to 25 Mbps
Internet Providers in Nearby Cities
Summary Of Internet Providers In Portland
|XFINITY from Comcast||Cable||98.4%+||1,200 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Fiber Gigabit||Fiber||72.2%+||940 Mbps|
|Stephouse Networks||Fixed Wireless||30.7%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ziply Fiber||Fiber||18.6%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet||Satellite||100%||100 Mbps|
|Comcast Business||Cable||100%||987 Mbps|
|WiLine Networks||Fixed Wireless||100%||1,000 Mbps|
|Startouch||Fixed Wireless||100%||20 Mbps|
|Silver Star Telecom||Copper||76.1%+||1,000 Mbps|
|CenturyLink Business||Fiber||69.2%+||1,000 Mbps|
|Ziply Fiber||Fiber||16.1%+||500 Mbps|
|Stephouse Networks||Fixed Wireless||25.1%+||-- Mbps|
|Verizon Business||Copper||13.1%+||1.5 Mbps|
|GTT Communications||Copper||8.5%+||3.0 Mbps|
Customer Reviews of Internet Providers in Portland
Reliability - 4
Great speed and reliability.
Excellent customer service even when the customer is being difficult.
Works for me
No data caps, very fast uploads, good prices, and very negotiable. Fine installer and no pressure to use their router or equipment.
I've had them all, this one is the best
Not sure about customer service, but the internet is great with the best speeds in town. Works consistently.
Excellent fiber internet company
Excellent internet provider experience with their fiber optic internet service. I could not be more happier. Tired of the old internet companies and this company cares about their customers. Thanks, GorgeNet
Great service... when it works!
After getting ripped off by CenturyLink, I decided to go with this local company. Service and speed were great for the first few years, but this past year (2019) has seen a slow but continuous decline in speed and connectivity. This has culminated in my not having ANY service (with short 5-10 minute exceptions) for the past week. This is completely unacceptable. I called again today, and they tell me that they’re going to put in new equipment in 15 DAYS! Not once has anyone attempted to call me to offer regrets, timeline, explanations, ANYTHING!!
Worst customer service ever...don't know why I tried this service again!
I was charged for a pay per view that I did not order, then I called customer service ( took forever to get to a person to talk to...finally talk to someone and they said they would refund pay per view fee.Then the call went on hold and after some time I was put through to someone else and had to tell them the problem, but this time she said they would not refund even tough I did not order. I have had other troubles with centurylink before, should of known not to get it again! I say to anyone thinking about this service to not buy it.
Reliable and fast
Internet is good, one of the best in my area, it is reliable and speeds are as advertised.
Excellent experience, all around! I signed up with this local Central Oregon company in early 2014, and then moved to the valley, and back last year (2018). I sure missed the speed and service from Sureline compared to the other providers I was forced to try in the valley and in Central Oregon. And I have tried them all! I am thrilled to have Sureline Internet and Phone/voice services again, and there isn't a better internet provider or local group/company to support around. Sureline has been instrumental in providing reliable service and "in-the-know" technologies that have helped my business run smoothly and efficiently. The staff/team are the absolute best if you ever need them, or need some "fancy" business security and network professionals! They now have me set-up in 5 locations around Oregon. I give them 5 stars for a hands-down, and all around, SUPERB choice company for both my home and business. Thank you!
Best internet you can get. I have lived in a lot of major cities and I could not be happier with this internet service. I have been with a lot of other providers but this internet is just fast and works great. Thanks, Josh, Shelly and crew for providing such a great service.